IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Sustainability, Living Off the Grid, Etc.

_Keith

Saw this video in a preview at the movie Couragous

Totally an ad for Chipotle (yummy!) plus my favorite NORML supporter is singing the lyrics!

:mrlooney::rolleyes:

I love it. Just popped it up on my Facebook status.

Keith, I wanted to do the same but I don't know how. Can you help?

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Another full length film, you can watch online

http://www.backtoedenfilm.com/#movie

post-1207-036966500 1321736996_thumb.jpg

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Another full length film, you can watch online

http://www.backtoedenfilm.com/#movie

Awesome! I watched the whole thing! I swear dude, mulch is a miracle!

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

I swear dude, mulch is a miracle!

Dude!

Mulch is always the answer! Some folks just don't get it.

Kurt

Living the dream in the Rainforest - Average annual rainfall over 4000 mm a year!!!

Great video, Bill. Sure sounds like Willie Nelson singing. And Chipotle is about the only fast food place I will eat. Yum!

I went to a seminar on raw milk a couple of weeks ago - very interesting. A small farm here in the area is raising milk goats and cows and selling the raw milk for "pet consumption only" by Florida law. I bought a gallon of the raw milk - oh,my is it good! Tastes like the milk we had on the farm growing up. I made soft cheese, yogurt, butter, and whey from it. All so good. And it doesn't ake all that long. Store milk - even organic - is not the same as raw milk. All the ggod things in raw milk are transformed, removed, or destroyed by pasteurization and homogenization.

I also have been making fermented foods using the whey - the sauerkraut and pickles are both really good.

A good book on how to eat better is "Nourishing Traditions". Take a look and see what you think.

Fresh milk is great

Word to the wise brucellosis is alive and well in Florida contrary to the USDA scheme

It make herpes seem like a dream

If you are going to use un-pasteurized milk please ask about herd status

doc

Doc,

Good word of advice. The farm where I buy my milk has their cows tested monthly instead of every 3 months as indicated by the USDA. I've seen the cows, the pasture, the milking area and how they bottle it. I am happy with their methods. They have 5 cows but only have 2-3 miling at a time - the cows need a break so they get a year off to rest and be cows.

And when I make yogurt from the milk, there is this beautiful layer of cream on top of the yogurt. So good!

The milk may be expensive but from 1 gallon I get butter, yogurt, cheese, smoothies, and enough whey to use for other things. I've been using the whey in my water, to make all sorts of pickles, and to cure my feta. Good stuff. Fermented foods are great.

And my first batch of aged goat cheese is now in the wine cooler for aging. If all goes well with it, I will move on to more adventures with cheese.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

must be brown cows

sounds like they are doing a great job

regrettfully all the small dairies have pretty much been chewed up by the big ones

Turn on your sound, make it heard...

Bill,

Awesome video! Everyone should watch it.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

must be brown cows

sounds like they are doing a great job

regrettfully all the small dairies have pretty much been chewed up by the big ones

Not all brown. They are heritage breeds and given time off. Here is a picture of 3 of them.post-900-025974200 1322485309_thumb.jpg

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL