Sign in to follow this  
MattyB

Rhopalostylis sapida 'chatham island'

MattyB

Chatham Island is the more robust sapida that grows faster and takes more sun. Darold was nice enough to send me a bunch of these last year and as Summer is fast approaching I'm thinking I wanna get them out of the greenhouse and into the nice cool shade. They seem to do much better on my shadey porch than in the hot greenhouse but I only need a couple of them, not 10! Anyway, I've got several of them to give away and pass along the generosity that Darold has started. Come on by and get one or two if you want. They're in 4" pots and could use a little TLC, but hey, they're free!!!!!! PM me.

six one nine 206-7782

I'm stealing this photo from Paul. I think one of these is Darold's mother plant.

post-126-052800300 1306450648_thumb.jpg

nachocarl

Chatham Island is the more robust sapida that grows faster and takes more sun. Darold was nice enough to send me a bunch of these last year and as Summer is fast approaching I'm thinking I wanna get them out of the greenhouse and into the nice cool shade. They seem to do much better on my shadey porch than in the hot greenhouse but I only need a couple of them, not 10! Anyway, I've got several of them to give away and pass along the generosity that Darold has started. Come on by and get one or two if you want. They're in 4" pots and could use a little TLC, but hey, they're free!!!!!! PM me.

six one nine 206-7782

I'm stealing this photo from Paul. I think one of these is Darold's mother plant.

Are you going to the Quail Garden's palm and cycad sale this weekend? I would be interested in providing a couple of them a nice cold/socal climate here in Vista. :)

The Silent Seed

Any chance of getting one shipped ? :) Definitely cooler here!

peachy

Grab 'em while you can kids....I bought a few tiny ones home last year, only a couple of centimetres high and they have survived filthy heat, humidity, freezes and a flood. And not one fatality.

Peachy

Tassie_Troy1971

Get them outta the greenhouse Matty ! shady filtered light plenty of air movement . Summer in the Chatham Islands is only 69f 19 c Max ! :rolleyes:

Those pictured in your post are Darolds Sapida f2 hybrids i believe originally from Jim wright the Chatham is next to darolds greenhouse . Here it is

post-1252-032281900 1306489170_thumb.jpg

Mandrew968

This version of rhopy couldn't handle south florida, could it? If I can grow a kentia, I still don't have a chance, right? :rolleyes:

MattyB

Thanks for the more accurate pic Troy.

I'm not shipping these, you'll have to give me a call and come on by. Sorry for the late response Carl, I didn't see this until now.

nachocarl

No worries! Hopefully we can make the connection, I do like the Rhop's. :drool:

nachocarl

No worries! Hopefully we can make the connection, I do like the Rhop's. :drool:

nachocarl

wwooww!! tthhaatt wwaass wweeiirrdd.. :blink::blink:

MattyB

Come and get the last few extras I have Carl. They just hate it where I have them in the greenhouse. I'd like you to have them to they have a good home.