IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

......and many of you thought ghost peppers were hot?

cycadjungle

Well, for any of you that thought Bhut Jolokia or Naga Jolokias were hot, these guys in Australia have just come up with something that is 40% hotter! Some people In England recently came up with the "Naga Viper" at 1,300,000 SHUs, but these guys tipped the scale at well over 1,400,000 SHUs. The new and improved, Butch T Trinidad Scorpion pepper. Nasty looking little things too. I have a couple of plants coming now, we will see for sure. Here is a link:

http://thepepperseed.com/peppers/the-worlds-hottest-chilli-pepper-trinidad-scorpion-butch-t/

at what level of SHUs do we stop being able to register the pain?

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

It's not gonna stop till they kill some poor old person who mistakes it for a grape...

I'm picturing the scene from "Dumb and Dumber" where Harry and Lloyd sneak those atomic peppers on the hitch-hicker's burger... never gets old!

I really couldn't eat the Bhut Jolokias outright at 1,025,000 SHUs. I dehydrate the peppers and then grind up the crispy peppers in a small coffee bean grinder. The powder has the capsysin oil dried out of it so it doesn't linger for very long like the fresh peppers do. I bring my little spice shaker with me when we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, and all I need to do is to sprinkle jus a few grains on the food. These, I will just have to use less for the same amount of heat. I'm wondering what the taste will be, whether it will be better, or if I won't like it as much. I'll get back with anyone interested in a couple of months when I get a finished pepper to try out, and of course, at the same time, I will have my first batch of seeds available.

cycadjungle, i agree with you.. would rather have the taste with some heat than unbearable heat! i guess these guys are keeping the folks at Guiness Book busy!