Sign in to follow this  
Kumar

Licuala Grandis seed

Kumar

G'morning everyone. I met today, on my morning walk, an old Parsi gentleman (Parsis are Zoroastrians - a very ancient religous faith, originating in Persia) who lives in my neighbourhood. We were discussing plants in general and he mentioned he had a large garden and invited me for a visit and a cup of tea. He had all the usual palms but of interest were some fruiting Licuala Grandis and two Livistonas I could not identify but which

I suspect from the large inflorescence and spherical fruit is L. mariae (photos will be put up tomorrow). I collected some seed of these two and I can send out two packets of ten each to anyone who has interest.

dalmatiansoap

Any chance?

Kumar

Thank you for the responses. All the seed has been appropriated and I will be posting the packets on Tuesday.

Kumar

Posted four packets today, to the USA (2), Canada and the Netherlands. at the expense of reducing the number of Licuala and Livistona seeds per packet from 10 to 6. I have thrown in some caryota seed as well.

Kumar

I have some more seed, perhaps enough for two packets. Let me know if interested.