IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Californias warmest subtropical city is...

Stan

Is there a city in California that has ever stayed above 70 for a full year?..that has never dropped below that temp for 365. The Beach Boys eternal summer for real.

Historically has that happened? in modern times?..This year we never went below 50. A mini record for us in the eastbay.Unofficial-just me saying that....

• Like 1

You have not gone below 50F in the Eastbay area all year?!?!?!?

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

ehh? What a micro climate you have. We had the whole chabang. We got snow and ice with temps in the 30's the whole 4 days. We have gone down to 28F this winter. Thats where we live? Wow your lucky.

Meteorologist and PhD student in Climate Science

(Stan @ Jul. 08 2006,10:53)

oh,that was 50 for our lowest high temp.The lowest low was 36.

Hmm.  That'st still pretty good.

Are you near Berserkeley?

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

(Stan @ Jul. 07 2006,23:08)

Is there a city in California that has ever stayed above 70 for a full year?..that has never dropped below that temp for 365. The Beach Boys eternal summer for real.

I wouldn't think even Florida could say that.

But give California a few more decades of GW and maybe we'll be close......of course penquins & polar bears will then be extinct.  Maybe we'll be able to grow Trachy's in their place.

I'm twenty miles from Berk Dave,but right there in spirit.Today we are getting off shores and upper 80's.

Kathy, i recall reading years ago of a mid 60'?s year that never went below something like 65 in SouCal as a high temp. A young beauty like yourself doesn't remember the bay area drought years. There might have been a year in there we never went below 55-60 for a day.Just guessing 'tho .

Oh, I misunderstood, you're talking the high daily temps, not if a place has never dropped below 70 at all, even at night.....Then I'm sure Florida's had plenty of times....It would be interesting if SoCal ever made that grade.

Such a place must be equatorial +/- 5º, if it exists at all. Even in San Juan, PR we had 65ºF lows down at sea level, far lower up in the mountains (45ºF), during December and January of every year.

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

Again, i meant lowest HIGH temp.Sorry. Whew,weather temp data is subject to alot of(mis) interpretation if not phrased juuuust right!

And it would be killer if some weather dude knew the answer-and maybe the bay areas equivilent city.

compton???

sorry just could not resist!!!

I will tip a fotee to all my fallen homies and leave this discussion to the O G's!!!!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard