IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

World's Smallest Bodybuilder

trioderob

worlds littlest "big" man

"A tiny Indian bodybuilder who is less than 3 feet tall and deemed the world's smallest is causing a huge stir in his hometown and gaining international recognition, according to the British press.

Aditya "Romeo" Dev of Phagwara, India, is a little person who is only 2 feet, 9 inches tall and weighs not even 20 pounds, the Daily Mail reported."

Muscle man Romeo shows off his moves in the gym

Unlike many dwarfs, Romeo is well proportioned, with a head circumference of 15in and a chest measurement of 20in.

Romeo said: "I've been training as a bodybuilder for the last two years and by now I think I must be the strongest dwarf in the world.

"I have always been fit but since I started working out, I have become famous for my strength.

"My size has never stopped me. I train with dumbbells and do aerobics and dance. People are always pleased to see me. I have been invited on TV shows and dance on stage."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-513820/Mini-muscleman-Meet-worlds-smallest-bodybuilder.html#ixzz1IrzKsNx7

0_61_bodybuilder_weight_320.jpg

3_61_bodybuilder_smallest1.jpg

TinyBAR1202_800x1066.jpg

Edited by trioderob

Robert, thanks for posting such an inspirational thread. What great achievements and attitude shown by Romeo.

kpl

Enjoying MY home and garden in Leilani Estates, "K.P. Lundkvist Palm Garden"

:interesting:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Uhhhhh, it's hard to take a story serious when the first pic is intentionally misleading. That bar plus 2 plates is 95 pounds. I could only front press that a couple of times max and that's with both hands. Just sayin'.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

wait, what? Body building is a thing in India? Why not I guess, but Matty is right, that first picture is a little "pushing it". 95lbs one handed and balanced, hard for a biggie sized guy. But, if true, good for him.

The rest of the daily mail article tells a much better story.

Alan

Tampa, Florida

Zone - 10a

Looks a little tooo weird for me. Especially the yellow hair and his "way too little" shorts.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

They are his "Jammys" Jeff, grow up.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Uhhhhh, it's hard to take a story serious when the first pic is intentionally misleading. That bar plus 2 plates is 95 pounds. I could only front press that a couple of times max and that's with both hands. Just sayin'.

Not sure what bar you are talking about, but a plate is 45 lbs. Olympic bar is 45 lbs. My math puts us at 135 lbs for one plate on each side. Weight training 101

Though those mint plates don't look to be real 45 lbs plates to me...

Edited by Mandrew968

those could be rubber "bumper" plates.

i use a plate like that for olympic lifts like clean and jerk

they are rubber and weigh much less.

my money is still on it being photoshop edited.

the dude is still pretty cool in light of the fact the he is 2 feet tall and less than 20lbs

thats the size of a 3 year old.

by bet is that he could lift 60-80 lbs over his head which is still an insaine

3-4 x bodyweight

Edited by trioderob

Not sure what bar you are talking about, but a plate is 45 lbs. Olympic bar is 45 lbs. My math puts us at 135 lbs for one plate on each side. Weight training 101

Though those mint plates don't look to be real 45 lbs plates to me...

Oh yeah,you're right triodermandewd968, 135 for two plate and bar. I was adding 25Lbs for some reason. Dude's fingers don't even wrap around the bar, someone is holding it up from the sides.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

matt-

thats it.

a guy on each side is holding it up.

you can see that the photo is clipped on both sides.

dudes taking the photo must has thought it would make a cute photo.

dude still is pretty "buff" for guy that is 20 lb and two feet tall.

the guy in my avitar is a dwarf who broke the squat record.

these little guys have alot of lb for lb power

Edited by trioderob

It's probably just me but I quickly loose interest in things that misrepresent or mislead in an attempt to embelish a story. Several "reality" shows that I used to like (Destination Truth & Fact or Faked) have lost me because I keep catching them acting out scenes and using creative editing in order to make the show more suspensful and interesting.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Exactly! You know that guy in the middle doesn't have 4 arms! Good point.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

It's probably just me but I quickly loose interest in things that misrepresent or mislead in an attempt to embelish a story. Several "reality" shows that I used to like (Destination Truth & Fact or Faked) have lost me because I keep catching them acting out scenes and using creative editing in order to make the show more suspensful and interesting.

Matty, when I was laid up recently, I watched a lot of cable TV. One show I recall was about teams who had to hike through the wilderness to find a log cabin full of food and water or basically, they were 'dead'. Well, you should have seen the amateur dramatics that accompanied the camera shots when some of the teams found their cabins. Pressure from the directors? Without any prompting there should be plenty of exhilarating responses, but I fear the way they film and edit these shows, it makes them contrived. They think "formula" is everything, and in a way, they are right. Trash TV. Real people, families, couples (even better). Watch them squirm, hobble, argue and ultimately, act badly. It's a win-win situation for the producers. There's a lot of trash on the Internet too, as we know.

Trash TV. Real people, families, couples (even better). Watch them squirm, hobble, argue and ultimately, act badly. It's a win-win situation for the producers.

And they dont have to pay the actors anything to get them to do it, unlike Friends, Seinfeld, etc, etc.

Its actually a brilliant strategy!

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

Reality show cast members are paid, and most of them shoot under AFTRA (American Federation of Television & Radio Artists) union contracts. If a show does well in the ratings the cast members are paid very well, ie Jersey Shores. Also, some reality shows use actors.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Reality show cast members are paid, and most of them shoot under AFTRA (American Federation of Television & Radio Artists) union contracts. If a show does well in the ratings the cast members are paid very well, ie Jersey Shores. Also, some reality shows use actors.

matt-

you seem to have alot of knowlege about show biz.

are you an inspiring actor or perhaps a director ?

are you new?!?!?!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

matt-

you seem to have alot of knowlege about show biz.

are you an inspiring actor or perhaps a director ?

he's a detractor :mrlooney:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

nah,de tractor on de farm.

:mellow:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Destination Truth really pisses me off. Ghosts, really? Ghosts? How many so called paranormal shows do we need. I thought Destination Truth was gonna do cool stuff, not lamo made up crap. I get all my paranormal info from Coast to Coast Am and that's plenty.

i'll get into Destination Truth when they find a mesosaurus or catch bigfoot in a bear trap, till then; stupid.

And they go all over the world and never even mention all the cool plants around them!

Alan

Tampa, Florida

Zone - 10a

I miss the game show days where you knew who was from the audience. Today's contestants think they're auditioning for a permanent lifestyle change. I guess I sound like an old fart for saying that!

are you new?!?!?!

:floor:

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

well said Jeff.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 3 weeks later...

lighten up guys and smile.

kpl

Enjoying MY home and garden in Leilani Estates, "K.P. Lundkvist Palm Garden"