Kumar

Free Caryota urens seed

Kumar

It's that time of the year (again) when a stalk of our solitary Caryota urens begins ripening - and that means an unending litter of fruit all day everywhere and plenty of curses and grumbles as the inevitable cleanup is ordered - not to mention a freeze in our relations with the neighbours.

Instead of wasting all the fruit, I thought I'll give it away on Palmtalk free. Send me a PM if you have interest. I'm afraid though I will have to send the fruit whole because I havn't found a way to clean the stuff without hurting my hands :( . Typically each fruit has 1-2 seeds. The fertility is proven and the seeds are on average a week old.

These seeds are rather heavy so it would be helpful if you can refund me the postage when you receive your seed.

sincerely, etc.

Edited by Kumar

Kumar

Thank you all for the response. At least 300 potential seedlings will have a chance at growing up ... and littering someone's garden in a few years! I just hope the packets to Europe reach ok.

Succulentum

got the seeds yesterday, thanks

I have cleaned them with a metal brush on my drill, and gloves on my hands !!

they are to soak now.

thanks again

The Silent Seed

Hello

I'm new here - still feeling my way around. Would you have any of these seeds left to share?

Thanks!

Edited by santoury

smile

hello all

kumar received today from these seeds

thanks kumar

Kumar

This lot of seeds 'expires' next week. If there are any requests, I will post on the 14th and then discard the remainder. The next caryota fruiting stalk will probably ripen around the first week of May (still greenish streaks now) so I won't be able to send anything till perhaps May 05.

The Silent Seed

Hello

I would love some - please send me a PM, since I obviously was not successful in my first attempt!

Thanks! Jude

aimede

Hello

do you think it will be posible to send me some seeds ... we lived in Paraguay...

Thanks for your replay.

D.M

Kumar

Second lot of four packets posted - all to the USA this time.

The postal officer who registers my packets has become become quite knowledgeable about palms and i suspect he may soon be asking for some seeds himself!

Since some have asked for photos of the parent i will be reproducing a picture in a couple of days.

_Keith

Kumar,

My seeds came in today, and in perfect conditions. Thank you very much.

Keith

gyuseppe

Kumar thank you!

the seeds you sent to my friend is Arrived! My friend thank you again

Regards