Sign in to follow this  
Kumar

Phoenix Dactilyfera - Variety 'Maktoum'

Kumar

P. dactylifera is for me a good germination candidate and for the past year have been busy reminding friends who go to the gulf on work or holiday to get different varieties. Today, I have got a dozen dates of the 'Maktoum' variety (apparently from the holy city of Medina). By way of description, these are quite large, brown rather than black, with a crusty peel and a dry interior that requires a bit of chewing - not one of those melt-in-your-mouth candy varieties. The taste is very agreeable though and it does not become sticky inside the mouth. The seeds are in excellent shape.

I realize that this is not the best technique for cultivation but nevertheless, it is bound to be an interesting.

I have ten of these that I am ready to give away (after keeping two for myself). If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Edited by Kumar

The Silent Seed

Hello,

I'd love to give these a try. Thank you! I sent you a PM.

Kumar

Hello,

I'd love to give these a try. Thank you! I sent you a PM.

Greetings - I regret to say that I no longer have any left. By the way, I never did receive your PM.

The Silent Seed

Hello

I am new here - so what I did was click on the link that says "email me" - is that not the same as a PM? Or something different?

I could not find where to send a PM?

Thanks, Jude

Kumar

Hello

I am new here - so what I did was click on the link that says "email me" - is that not the same as a PM? Or something different?

I could not find where to send a PM?

Thanks, Jude

<--- Look to the left where you see the image of a palm tree and my name. There should be two icons below - if you hover your pointer over the envelope icon, a message 'PM this member' will pop up - that's the one you need to click. Hope this helps.

The Silent Seed

Oh yes! I see it now ! Thank you!!!

_Keith

Kumar,

These seeds came in today as well as the others, and in perfect condition, also. Thank you very much.

Keith