Sign in to follow this  
palms2plant

Free seed - Brahea edulis -guadelupe

palms2plant

I was cleaning my gaudelupes today and instead of throwing all the seed away I thought why not offer it to anyone who wants to send a PM to arrange to receive some. They germinate fairly easily but the sprouts die off if not cared for so it is not a pest. In fact they have real value. This is a US mainland offer so I am sure no agriculture rules are a problem.

A fairly common fan palm but not one of the pests like Washingtonia. This is a nice looking fan palm without thorns or spikes. A very hardy palm of moderate growth rate and low water needs. It is pretty much self cleaning but needs a little help to stay tidy year round. The tree grows sheets of fiber matt between each row of stems that is used on imitation palm trees. I am occasionally asked if I would allow them to clean the tree for the matt. I also get an occasional offer to sell my guadelupes.

• Upvote 1

Gallop

Hi I would love seed of this palm. I think it would be a good grower for me. I would take 50 seed if that is Ok. I can reimburse you for shipping.

Respectfully,

Paul Gallop

1239 Bartram Ln

Pensacola Fl 32507

• Upvote 1

Gallop

Sent PM,

Regards,

Gallop

war_eagle

PM sent. Thanks!

Don

Pm sent Thanks, Don

palms2plant

The Brahea Edulis (guadelupe) seed offered is gone for now. For those that got some, enjoy. Cheers, Steve