IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palm sale within a palm sale

Urban Rainforest

Well since I'm going to be digging and selling palms out of my canyon Sat. I decided to have a sale for those who just have to have a bucket with their palm :D . So here goes with the list.

Clinostigma Savoryanum 5 gal. $20

Hedyscepe Canterburyanum 5 gal. $20 1 gal. $10

Dypsis Plumosa/fine leaf 5 gal. $15 1 gal. $5

Dypsis Albofarinosa 2 gal. $10

Various Dypsis liners 50 cent

Ravenea Glauca "homegrown" 1 gal. $5

Sabal Mauritiformis 1 gal. $5

Sabal Maritima 1 gal. $1

Howea Belmoreana 5 gal. $15 1 gal. $5

Howea Forsteriana 15 gal. triples $40

Rhopalostylis Baueri huge 1 gal. $5

Rhopalostylis Chatham island 1 gal. $5

Syagrus Abreojos huge 5 gal. $10 1 gal. $5

Brahea Clara 1 gal. $5

Copernicia Alba 2 gal. $5

Phoenix Theoprastii FREE to good home. Take it before someone gets hurt.

TROPICALS

Plumerias 5 gal. $10 1 gal. $5

Dracaena Draco 1 gal. $1

Blechnum Brasiliensis Tree fern with beautifull new red fronds. 2 gal. $10

Ligularis 1 gal. $2

TREES

Khaya Nyasica African Mahogany with new red leaves large 5 gal. $100

Delonix Regia 10 gal. $30

Caessalpinia Ferrea 1 gal. $5

Delostoma Rosea from the cloud forest of Ecuador. Purple trumpet flowers 15 gal. $30

CYCADS

Cycas Thouarsii citrus talls $25

Cycas Revolutas 20 gal. $75 15 gal. $20 5 gal. $5

Dioon Spinulosum 5 gal. $10

For more info call 858-699-0532 or PM me.

Thanks,

Stevo

• Upvote 1

Urban Rainforest Palms,Cycads and Exotics. Were in San Diego Ca. about 5 miles from the beach on Tecolote canyon. It seems to be an ideal growing climate with moderate temps. and very little frost. Vacation Rental in Leilani Estates, big island Hi PM me if interested in staying there.

CLAIREMONT :)

• Upvote 1

Urban Rainforest Palms,Cycads and Exotics. Were in San Diego Ca. about 5 miles from the beach on Tecolote canyon. It seems to be an ideal growing climate with moderate temps. and very little frost. Vacation Rental in Leilani Estates, big island Hi PM me if interested in staying there.

Steve has great prices and plants. And his yard is fantastic! Well worth the trip down to buy some great stuff.

Jeff

• Upvote 1

Jeff Rood

WHAT?

• Upvote 1

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Steve has great prices and plants. And his yard is fantastic! Well worth the trip down to buy some great stuff.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for the plug. We were BUSY today :wacko: .

Stevo

• Upvote 1

WHAT?

CLAIREMONT SD BRUTHA :drool: .

• Upvote 1

If you didn't make it by Stevo's today you still have time. He's got some GREAT deals and also an AWESOME garden with some really rare species. Here's a few pix.

Hedyscepe canterburyana

DSC_0941.jpg

Dypsis sp.

DSC_0954.jpg

Kentiopsis magnifica

DSC_0966.jpg

Mad fox

DSC_0973.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mike Hegger

Northwest Clairemont

San Diego, California

4 miles from coast

Thanks Mike and everybody else who came out to my sale today and made it a success. It was nice meeting all you new palmfreaks as well. I hope all your palms grow well for you!!

Thanks,

Stevo

• Upvote 1

Stevo has well grown plants! I bought the 15 gallon Jubaeopsis caffra! I will be watching for his auctions of really nice stuff (Madagascar foxtail, ect!).

The first pic show the palm in my truck bed as it arrived in Corona, CA.

post-1270-000240300 1298305132_thumb.jpg

This pic shows it's future location and a close up shot.

post-1270-093996000 1298305136_thumb.jpg post-1270-004823600 1298305465_thumb.jpg

The next pic shows it in it's temporary home in my green house. Stevo planted it in the 15 gallon container with the bottom removed.

I did leave some roots in the ground when I dug it up. I decieded to set it in a plastic 24" box with about 10" of cycad soil and special amendments.

Then I added more soil to stabalize the 15 gallon container.

post-1270-057699700 1298305591_thumb.jpg

Thank you Stevo for growing me such a nice palm tree!

Click on pics to enlarge

Randy

test

Nice score Randy.

Steve, do you have any seedlings from your awesome Purple King Palm?

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Stevo has well grown plants! I bought the 15 gallon Jubaeopsis caffra! I will be watching for his auctions of really nice stuff (Madagascar foxtail, ect!).

The first pic show the palm in my truck bed as it arrived in Corona, CA.

post-1270-000240300 1298305132_thumb.jpg

This pic shows it's future location and a close up shot.

post-1270-093996000 1298305136_thumb.jpg post-1270-004823600 1298305465_thumb.jpg

The next pic shows it in it's temporary home in my green house. Stevo planted it in the 15 gallon container with the bottom removed.

I did leave some roots in the ground when I dug it up. I decieded to set it in a plastic 24" box with about 10" of cycad soil and special amendments.

Then I added more soil to stabalize the 15 gallon container.

post-1270-057699700 1298305591_thumb.jpg

Thank you Stevo for growing me such a nice palm tree!

Click on pics to enlarge

Randy

You got it brutha!! Thanks for the purchase!!

Stevo

• Upvote 1

Nice score Randy.

Steve, do you have any seedlings from your awesome Purple King Palm?

I do Matty. Their in community pots still.

Stevo

• Upvote 1

Then I shall plucketh!!!!!!!!!!:lol: I'll try and hit you up this weekend.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

If you didn't make it by Stevo's today you still have time. He's got some GREAT deals and also an AWESOME garden with some really rare species. Here's a few pix.

Hedyscepe canterburyana

DSC_0941.jpg

Dypsis sp.

DSC_0954.jpg

Kentiopsis magnifica

DSC_0966.jpg

Mad fox

DSC_0973.jpg

Love the dypsis. do you still have it?

Edited by Palmlover
  • Upvote 1

Palmlover, I pretty much have everything on my list except for the Clinostigma. Lot's O buckets too. Mad Fox not for sale yet. I'm trying to work up the courage to sell it :( .

Stevo

• Upvote 1

Then I shall plucketh!!!!!!!!!!:lol: I'll try and hit you up this weekend.

Matty, Feel free to plucketh away :lol: .

Stevo

• Upvote 1

wondering what you mean by "lots o buckets too"? also which ones in the pictures are for sale and what were you asking for them?

thanks,

mike

• Upvote 1

wondering what you mean by "lots o buckets too"? also which ones in the pictures are for sale and what were you asking for them?

thanks,

mike

A friend of mine who came to my sale posted those pics. Those palms are NOT for sale yet. Lots o buckets means I have lots of nursery bucket containerage in all sizes for sale till their gone.

Stevo

• Upvote 1

Palmlover, I pretty much have everything on my list except for the Clinostigma. Lot's O buckets too. Mad Fox not for sale yet. I'm trying to work up the courage to sell it :( .

Stevo

I'll bid $100 for the mad fox!

test

hey steve.. do you have hedyscepe in anything bigger than 5 gal?

Sorry, Just 5's and ones.

Stevo

Stevo

I'll bid $100 for the mad fox!

Your so funny Randy. Thats what I paid for it many years ago when it had about 4 leaves! NFS yet ;) .

Stevo

Fine Steve. You drive a hard bargain. $101. Final offer.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

I know years ago you said I have first rights to your special Dypsis...what if I want you to stay instead? :(:crying:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I know years ago you said I have first rights to your special Dypsis...what if I want you to stay instead? :(:crying:

It's far from a done deal because we still have have to sell our house and in this market that could be tough. A day at a time.

Stevo

Bill can make the first offer in the auction. Sounds fair to me. :mrlooney:

Shon hit the nail on the head!

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

I'm already root pruning with my eyes.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

steve, thanks for the great deals and tour, I hope I can grow them as well as you have.

Nick, Good to see you again. Thanks for the business!!

Stevo

Shon did nail it. My PM box is blowing up! When and if I sell the freaky two headed Dypsis monster I will auction it to make it fair to all. Save your lunch money :D .

Stevo

If you missed it last week we're on again this Sat. I'm looking to sell whats left of my nursery stock. Make me an offer or buy in bits and pieces. Lot of nursery containers too till there all gone. As always this sale is rain or shine. Sorry no shipping.

Thanks,

Stevo

UPDATE: I still have everything on the list exept

Clinostigma Savoryanum

Dypsis Albofarinosa

Delonix Regia

Caesalpinia Ferrea

Just added to list 2 very nice cycads in 15 gal. containers with 6" caudex.

Macrozamia Moorei $75

Macrozamia Johnsonii $75

See ya tomorrow rain or shine.

Stevo

• 2 weeks later...

Clinostigma Savoryanum

Dypsis Albofarinosa

Delonix Regia

Caesalpinia Ferrea

Macrozamia Moorei $75

Macrozamia Johnsonii $75

Stevo

On tomorrow 3/12 Still have those VERY nice Macrozamias too! 858-699-0532

Thanks,

Stevo

• 3 weeks later...

Clinostigma Savoryanum

Dypsis Albofarinosa

Delonix Regia

Caesalpinia Ferrea

Macrozamia Moorei $75

Macrozamia Johnsonii $75

Stevo

BUMP Sale back on this Sat. 4/2. Call me at 858-699-0532

Thanks,

Stevo

On tomorrow 3/12 Still have those VERY nice Macrozamias too! 858-699-0532

Thanks,

Stevo

Thanks to all who came out to my sale!! Still selling until it's all gone. CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!! Oh, and finally the Phoenix Theoprastii is gone to a good home :rolleyes: .

Thanks,

Stevo