IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

January thread

ZoneTenNut

Nice weather here lately...

Tuesday    Fine                                     Min 24    Max 32

Wednesday     Fine                                   Min 23    Max 32

Thursday      Fine                                   Min 24    Max 31

Friday        Showers, chance of a late storm        Min 24    Max 31

Saturday      Showers and storms                     Min 23    Max 31

Sunday        Showers and storms                     Min 23    Max 31

Monday        Showers, cooler                        Min 21    Max 29

Not too hot, not too cold, just right! And my palms are loving the humidity (too bad my wife hates it!)

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

And over here ....

After a so long periode of mild weather and no frost! This week will be a frosty week... in the night the speel for me some light frost ... about day some tempetures above freezing ...

This will be tot the end of fryday and from saturday the tempeture's are going to rise again to the same like last weeks ... to mild for the time of year :)

Robbin

Southwest

Nooooo!!  :(

Right at this moment i have got my second frost night this winter!! Right at this moment it's a little lower then 32F.

Oke ... another 4 night's to go with frost and the we get warmer weather :D

Robbin

Southwest

Same here Robbin.  We dipped just below freezing briefly at about 2a.m., but it warmed up again slightly to 2°C/36°F by 6a.m.  Today it not forecast to get any warmer than that though, which is not nice, although temperatures have been slightly higher than forecast for the past week or so, so we may get an extra degree or two.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

As you can see from the image below, much of Europe is suffering a fairly cold spell.  Fortunately, it's not been as bad here as forecasted.  It's supposed to be snowing here, but just a little light rain with temperature just above freezing.

post-39-1169621418_thumb.jpg

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Corey it looks as those forecaters were not too far out in their predictions after all!

Have you got it there as well?

I feel in the party mood because we rarely get much if any down here. Loadsa guys are out taking garden pics and of course it all gives us the opportunity to talk about the weather!

One lane M25 closed and many a slither and a sliding and overturned vehicles.

The Swiss cope OK as they use special snow tyres if theres a little and chains of course if theres a lot.

Regardez

Juan

Juan

It's not very accurate here really.  They forecast -2°C/28°F with snow last night and it was 1°C/34°F with occasional light rain.  They forecast 3°C/37°F with more snow today and it got up to 6°C/43°F and it's sunny.  That was going by the weather.com forecast, but many sites actually forecast colder than that.  We have more snow forecast for Friday, which I also suspect won't happen.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Rain 736mm pa

I have got to night's with a little forst so far this week, that makes for me 3 night's of frost so far this winter.... the lowest tempeture from that 3 nights is -2,8C = 28,4F

I don't have see any snow so far ... this night and the next 2 nights will bee freezing also, but not to strong ... after that the tempeture's are going to rise again above normal average :) Not so bad winter so far!

Robbin

Southwest

Pleasantly warm today even though night temps continue below normal  :)

LA : 78/49

Still no rain  :(

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

After a ridiculously warm and dry winter with the temperatures ranging 18-27 C (64-81F), I woke up this yesterday with the (typical) coldest day of the year, with low clouds embracing the peaks and any wind you can imagine with countinuous rain/drizzle. Here in the city, termometers stayed cold and very stable, with a min. of 14 C (57F) and a max of just 16 C (61F). The coldest we can get is just 2 C less than this.

It is oceanic storm weather... just like being in a boat, but it does not shake.

Tonight it went down again to 14 C (57F). This morning is sunny, but it is just 20 C (68F).

Carlo, Tenerife

(Carlo Morici @ Jan. 28 2007,07:57)

After a ridiculously warm and dry winter with the temperatures ranging 18-27 C (64-81F), I woke up this yesterday with the (typical) coldest day of the year, with low clouds embracing the peaks and any wind you can imagine with countinuous rain/drizzle. Here in the city, termometers stayed cold and very stable, with a min. of 14 C (57F) and a max of just 16 C (61F). The coldest we can get is just 2 C less than this.

It is oceanic storm weather... just like being in a boat, but it does not shake.

Tonight it went down again to 14 C (57F). This morning is sunny, but it is just 20 C (68F).

Carlo,

Carlo

It's great having a representative of the Islas Canarias/Canary Islands on this forum.  I have real interest in the wonderful climate and many micro-climates of Tenerife.  Obviously the palms of your area must be great  :P

Here's an overhead view of Tenerife Island : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nasa_wo...-_teneriffa.jpg  

Actually picked up a little rain [emphasis on "little" 0.20 but with the possibility of more rainfall for a few more days  :D

LA : 67/55

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

Wonderful picture, that's where I am.

I wonder why NASA calls it with the German name Teneriffa, instead of using the Spanish+English name Tenerife.

See, we have "all the climates" in this island: the peak of the volcano often goes below -20 C, while the coasts have coconuts. We are zone 11 up to about 600 m asl, but it is more cool and even than a typical zone 11.The picture you recommend is taken from the W. The SW portion of the island (about the part in yellow) is the sunnier, warmer and drier part of the island, where coconuts fruit like crazy. I am on the opposite (in the farthest extreme), whith cool and green winters and windy june-july's.

Today in the city it is sunny and "cold". The min. was 14 C, the max. will be about 22 C. February is the coldest month in the Canary Islands.

Carlo

Much cooler weather this morning. 52F at 6:23AM and still dropping with a N breeze. This is much higher than was forecast though. Today's high only forecast to hit 67F with even colder temps tonight and tomorrow, but back to low 80's by Thurs.  :)

Royal Palm Beach, FL.

USDA Zone 10A/10B Subtropical

26.7 degrees N. latitude

10 miles West of West Palm Beach and the ocean

Avg. yearly rainfall 58 inches

:cool: