IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Mobile Phone App

Manolitus

ALL,

Has anyone considered making an app so that we can get on all the forums, post pictures etc..... from our mobile phones ?

Similar to the way facebook has it ?

Imagine being on a trip taking pictures from your phone and posting real time.

This would be cool.

Thoughts ?

Perhaps someone has mentioned this before.........

Manny

Wonderful idea.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Wonderful idea.

What would be a wonderful idea is for more people who enjoy the Forum to join the IPS. That way there would be more support for the necessary upgrades and costs incurred to keep the Forum growing and improving.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

There is an iPhone app named 'IP.Board communities' that does just that. Although, the reviews aren't very good. There is a link to it from the bottom of palmtalk when you choose the mobile theme.

Wonderful idea.

What would be a wonderful idea is for more people who enjoy the Forum to join the IPS. That way there would be more support for the necessary upgrades and costs incurred to keep the Forum growing and improving.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

There is an iPhone app named 'IP.Board communities' that does just that. Although, the reviews aren't very good. There is a link to it from the bottom of palmtalk when you choose the mobile theme.

Thanks for that info. I had not seen that. Has anyone tried it?

Tapatalk is a great app, but I think the board has to install it on the server end too.

Tim

Zone: 5b

January: 25F/9F

July: 83F/64F

Tapatalk is a great app, but I think the board has to install it on the server end too.

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3037-iphone-android-blackberry-nokia-app-for-ipboard-tapatalk/

Unfortunately this requires a modification to the Invision Forum software. I will check further, but I have been told numerous times that any modifications to the packaged software (of which there are hundreds) render assistance, in the event of any technical problems, unavailable from Invision.

So just that I understand, our IPS forum(s) is not yet connected to this thing so we can access our forums through our mobile phone ?

I just downloaded to my iphone but its asks me for Title, URL and user name and I just dont know if we are connected to it or not.

Thanks.

Manny

So just that I understand, our IPS forum(s) is not yet connected to this thing so we can access our forums through our mobile phone ?

I just downloaded to my iphone but its asks me for Title, URL and user name and I just dont know if we are connected to it or not.

Thanks.

Manny

Many people have been accessing PalmTalk with their mobile devices for a while now without any problems. There are many types of mobile devices these days, so I can't speak for them all. I use an iPhone, and I hear the Droid phones and Blackberries work just fine as well. You don't need any special apps.

If you log in through your mobile device you should be able to view PalmTalk without any fuss. With my iPhone it automatically detects I am using a mobile device and defaults to a "skin" that is much easier to load and view on handhelds.

But PalmTalk is not set up for any Third Party Modifications such as TapaTalk, etc.

Same for my android based HTC EVO, it auto detects the mobile skin and works like a champ.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

I frequently read the forums on my iPhone while out. I don't know about posting a photo from my iPhoto area of the phone directly to the forum but have on occasion posted test to PT while on it...I always find it helps to turn the phone to landscape mode where the keyboard is a bit larger when posting text.

Zone 9b (formerly listed as Zone 9a); Sunset 14