IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Where is Peachy

_Keith

Please send best regards, the most of luck and all good wishes to Peachy. Have read half a day what happened to her. This is so terrible, I am stunned. Colin and Kim, please forward this wishes to her, thanks in advance.

And sure I will donate for Peachy. The real friends are those who are available in time of need.

I miss you, Peachy.

Love, Verena

Member of the ultimate Lytocaryum fan society :)

Fantastic news, the air conditioning man saw peachy's plight and donated his services free of charge

what great news, we can buy the fridge/freezer now instead, she has to have one with the freezer beside the fridge, because she cannot reach the freezer when it is above the fridge

Now we might be able to help towards the car repair.

regards

colin

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Excellent News! Us A/C repair people can be a good lot.... sometimes... :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Oh, that makes me smile! People are good, people can be good.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

It was great yesterday to drop in and see how Peachy was doing and give her a hand with her garden. She is so grateful for the kind donations. This will go a long way to restoring her life to some sort of even keel. If that is possible for her condition.

She is amazing the way she just soldiers on regardless of her disability with MS. She is certainly not a taker in life but a real contributor and one who has come to peace with her lot in life. I was amazed after such a bad flood that she without her motorised wheelchair dragged herself around her home and got stuck in and cleaned her home. I take my hat of to her. She has been dealt many bad blows in life but has stood up on the inside and given life her best shot.

As Col has said her air con has been fixed which is great news as Ipswich is a hot place. Her motorised wheelchair for the inside has been fixed, more good news. Her outside scooted was totally submerged and destroyed but this is being looked into. She has a lift that takes her downstairs to her outside scooter which was damaged in the flood so now she must get out of her inside wheelchair and drag herself down the stairs to a manual wheelchair parked at the base of the stairs. So the sooner the lift and scooter are repaired the better.

Her main needs are a fridge, washing machine and car repairs. and for her lift to be restored and scooter replaced.

Any further donations would be gratefully received.

She had many palms in pots that were washed away or mangled. I was amazed how she planted the garden in the first place in her condition.

I want to thank her for the awesome lunch she cooked me and I did not leave empty handed, leaving with a number of Pritchardias which I have been after for a while.

She is now feeling uplifted by the kindness all have shown her. Thank you all.

Cheers

Brod

Palms are the king of trees

Brod

Brisbane, Australia

28 latitude, sub tropical

summer average 21c min - 29c max

winter average 10c min - 21c max

extremes at my place 5c - 42c

1100 average rainfall

Hi Brod, you've done what a lot of us would like to, if only we lived within earshot. You're a star for getting stuck in! Did you by any chance take photos?

Colin, that is great news about the AC! I shall update the appeal blog straight away. If we knew the firm's address we could put another marker on the map. I can add a note on the marker bubble to mention his special donation, together with a few business details.

Hi Brod, you've done what a lot of us would like to, if only we lived within earshot. You're a star for getting stuck in! Did you by any chance take photos?

Colin, that is great news about the AC! I shall update the appeal blog straight away. If we knew the firm's address we could put another marker on the map. I can add a note on the marker bubble to mention his special donation, together with a few business details.

Hi John

The name of the company is

4th generation air conditioning

The name of the owner is Scott Brophy

07 32865365

I think he lives in a suburb around Brisbane

He deserves a special mention

regards

colin

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Hi John

07 32865365

regards

colin

OK Col, I am on to it right now!

Sorry John I neglected to take photos. Maybe on my next visit,

Palms are the king of trees

Brod

Brisbane, Australia

28 latitude, sub tropical

summer average 21c min - 29c max

winter average 10c min - 21c max

extremes at my place 5c - 42c

1100 average rainfall

Again, Special Thanks to Col, John, Brod and all of the others... And Thanks Peachy for letting us help! :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Hi John

07 32865365

regards

colin

Hi Guys, Wot great it is to hear that Scott from 4th Generation A/C

is doing the job free of charge... What a great man, a typical QLDer.

Any other Aussies out there give him a call to thank him, I just did

I think he deserves lots more calls of thx esp if ya live in Aussie .

Great work to all who have helped out in many ways... Good on ya's

Best wishes to all, Regards Mikey..

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

And loving it".............. smilie.gif

Hi Everyone

good news, Peachy's new washing machine has arrived, just awaiting connection

that has put a smile on her face

regards

Colin

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Hi Everyone

good news, Peachy's new washing machine has arrived, just awaiting connection

that has put a smile on her face

regards

Colin

Good thing !

Jean-bernard

crazy sower

city : Nantes, France,

Hullo everyone. I've been doing laundry all day and for once havent resented a minute of it. I will have to get a PHd in electronics before I figure out how to work the new washing machine but I have managed to decipher the manual enough to get it to wash clothes. I also have a new vacuum cleaner !! (and I am going to actually use this one..promise) Buying a vacuum was harder than it looked, so in the end I thought I would decide the same way as when buying a car............first find one in a pretty colour, then get the biggest motor and a few gadgets that look handy. The adorable Brod came out last weekend and slaved away in the yard for hours on end, sweet little possum he is !! Now the airconditioner is running again I can function and get things done. Slowly things are coming together and I couldnt have done it without all the help from everyone on Palmtalk. A gigantic thank you to all

Peachy and Pooches.

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

Hullo everyone. I've been doing laundry all day and for once havent resented a minute of it. I will have to get a PHd in electronics before I figure out how to work the new washing machine but I have managed to decipher the manual enough to get it to wash clothes. I also have a new vacuum cleaner !! (and I am going to actually use this one..promise) Buying a vacuum was harder than it looked, so in the end I thought I would decide the same way as when buying a car............first find one in a pretty colour, then get the biggest motor and a few gadgets that look handy. The adorable Brod came out last weekend and slaved away in the yard for hours on end, sweet little possum he is !! Now the airconditioner is running again I can function and get things done. Slowly things are coming together and I couldnt have done it without all the help from everyone on Palmtalk. A gigantic thank you to all

Peachy and Pooches.

:-).

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Good to hear from ya Peachy...

Cheers eh.... Mikey :greenthumb:

P.S. let me know if ya need any

seedlings etc K...

Edited by calyptrocalyx&licuala freck

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

Of ya harder to get types of course..............

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

Glad to donate. Thanks for spearheading this.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

This weekend Michael is flying in from Melbourne to help Brod continue to clean up Peachy's yard.

Also a New mobility scooter is coming for a demo on site, this one has higher clearance like her old one so will allow her to get up over bigger concrete edges and allow her to get around the yard, This one is more money than the original one being donated because the clearance required was not known. It is $3270 and the money allowed for the scooter is $2500. The people who supply them offered to allow her to pay the balance. It would be nice if we could raise the balance so Peachy does not owe any money, We are close to the goals we all set to help her, one more push and we will be there

thank you all

Colin

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Thanks for the update Colin. I've taken your post and updated the appeal blog.

I'm leaving for Peru in a few hours ( mrlooney.gif ) so I won't be on-line again until after the weekend.