updog

2010 S.E. Asia

Central Floridave

most excellent photography. the family and I looked at them while munching on dinner. good ones!

palmislandRandy

Absolutly fantastic photography. You are very talented.

RainForestt Robert

Oh boy. Very evocative photos. I'm sure that I will be viewing this thread often. Thank you for sharing. Superb!

Miccles

Fantastic pictures ! As someone who travels regularly to S.E.Asia, these shots you've displayed certainly capture the "flavour" of the region beautifully. Congrats- I hope you had a ball. :)

Regards

Michael.

amazondk

Thank you for the trip through a beautiful part of the world.

dk

paulgila

awesome shots! yer killing me with the indo food pix! :drool:

dalmatiansoap

simply beautifull

:greenthumb:

MattyB

Amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to post them here.

kahili

Simply stunning photographs, the variety of what you saw is fascinating. Where did you see those snakes? I assume you had a zoom lens? Were they in a cage? What kind were they-one looks a bit deadly? The sunsets remind me of the ones we had in Hawaii-so intense and going on forever. We called them light shows. I loved the temples with all the tiles and those flowers all over them.

What were your favorite parts of your trip?

updog

Simply stunning photographs, the variety of what you saw is fascinating. Where did you see those snakes? I assume you had a zoom lens? Were they in a cage? What kind were they-one looks a bit deadly? The sunsets remind me of the ones we had in Hawaii-so intense and going on forever. We called them light shows. I loved the temples with all the tiles and those flowers all over them.

What were your favorite parts of your trip?

Thanks, I encountered the snakes in Bako national park in Sarawak. They are both poisonous. No cages for any of the animals. I was also fortunate to see about a 7 or 8 foot king cobra in the jungle further east in Sarawak. The jungles in Sarawak and the river Kinabatangan in Sabah were among my favorites, also Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Bali is always special.

Davidl

You took some really good pics. Do you mind telling me what kind of camera and lens you used ? I use canon myself.

updog

You took some really good pics. Do you mind telling me what kind of camera and lens you used ? I use canon myself.

It is a panasonic ZS3. Mostly with the automatic setting.

paulgila

hows your bahasa now after being "in-country?" :D

updog

hows your bahasa now after being "in-country?" :D

It comes in really handy in Malaysia.

OzTropics

Hi Ralph

Loved your photos - they bring back memories. The photos of the places we haven't been, like Sarawak and Sabah, make us want to go there! So evocative, so Asian. Bill likes the Bintang and fish photos; takes him back to the Liberta!

Also your palm and animal photos are wonderful.

Happy New Year

Sandra and Bill

Walter John

Classy photographs, I would love to know where they were taken, any chance of an index post ? :huh:

updog

Classy photographs, I would love to know where they were taken, any chance of an index post ? :huh:

Post #1 Bali-Uluwatu, Post #2 is Bali, Post#3 is Wat Po in Bangkok and Khao Sok N.P., Post #4 is Khao Sok N.P., Post #5 is Khao Sok and Ko Lanta, Post #6 is the bridge on the river Kwai, Post #7 is Bangkok and Ayutthaya, Post #8,9,10 and the first one in Post #11 are from the Kinabatangan river in Sabah,2nd one in Post #11 is Kuching in Sarawak,Post #12 is Kuching and Bako N.P., Post #13 and #14 are Bako N.P., Post #15 is Lambir Hills N.P. in Sarawak, Post #16 is Niah Caves N.P. and Bako N.P., Post #17,#18 and #19 are Kuala Lumpur, Post # 20,22,23,24,25,26,30 and 31 are Angkor Wat in Cambodia, Post #32 and #33 are Saigon,Vietnam, Post #40 was delicious, Post #41 is gado-gado, Post #42 is Bali, Post #43 is grilled tuna, Post #44 is Bali, Post #45 is Bangkok, Post #46 is Hua Hin, Thailand, Post #47 is Kuching, Post# 48 is Bako and Kuching, Post #49 is the Kinabatangan river, and Post #50 is Angkor Wat.

updog

A few more shots.

P1000641.jpg

Kuala Lumpur

updog
P1030095.jpg
Grand Palace,Bangkok

updog
P1030094.jpg
More Grand Palace,Bangkok

updog
P1000958.jpg