IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

2010 S.E. Asia

updog

Absolutly fantastic photography. You are very talented.

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Oh boy. Very evocative photos. I'm sure that I will be viewing this thread often. Thank you for sharing. Superb!

Trinidad!  Southernmost island in the Caribbean.

So many plants, So little space.

Fantastic pictures ! As someone who travels regularly to S.E.Asia, these shots you've displayed certainly capture the "flavour" of the region beautifully. Congrats- I hope you had a ball. :)

Regards

Michael.

Just north of Cairns, Australia....16 Deg S.
Tropical climate: from 19C to 34C.

Spending a lot of time in Manila, Philippines... 15 Deg N.
Tropical climate: from 24C to 35C.

Thank you for the trip through a beautiful part of the world.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

awesome shots! yer killing me with the indo food pix! :drool:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to post them here.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Simply stunning photographs, the variety of what you saw is fascinating. Where did you see those snakes? I assume you had a zoom lens? Were they in a cage? What kind were they-one looks a bit deadly? The sunsets remind me of the ones we had in Hawaii-so intense and going on forever. We called them light shows. I loved the temples with all the tiles and those flowers all over them.

What were your favorite parts of your trip?

Simply stunning photographs, the variety of what you saw is fascinating. Where did you see those snakes? I assume you had a zoom lens? Were they in a cage? What kind were they-one looks a bit deadly? The sunsets remind me of the ones we had in Hawaii-so intense and going on forever. We called them light shows. I loved the temples with all the tiles and those flowers all over them.

What were your favorite parts of your trip?

Thanks, I encountered the snakes in Bako national park in Sarawak. They are both poisonous. No cages for any of the animals. I was also fortunate to see about a 7 or 8 foot king cobra in the jungle further east in Sarawak. The jungles in Sarawak and the river Kinabatangan in Sabah were among my favorites, also Angkor Wat in Cambodia. Bali is always special.

You took some really good pics. Do you mind telling me what kind of camera and lens you used ? I use canon myself.

It is a panasonic ZS3. Mostly with the automatic setting.

Hi Ralph

Loved your photos - they bring back memories. The photos of the places we haven't been, like Sarawak and Sabah, make us want to go there! So evocative, so Asian. Bill likes the Bintang and fish photos; takes him back to the Liberta!

Also your palm and animal photos are wonderful.

Happy New Year

Sandra and Bill

Classy photographs, I would love to know where they were taken, any chance of an index post ? :huh:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Classy photographs, I would love to know where they were taken, any chance of an index post ? :huh:

Post #1 Bali-Uluwatu, Post #2 is Bali, Post#3 is Wat Po in Bangkok and Khao Sok N.P., Post #4 is Khao Sok N.P., Post #5 is Khao Sok and Ko Lanta, Post #6 is the bridge on the river Kwai, Post #7 is Bangkok and Ayutthaya, Post #8,9,10 and the first one in Post #11 are from the Kinabatangan river in Sabah,2nd one in Post #11 is Kuching in Sarawak,Post #12 is Kuching and Bako N.P., Post #13 and #14 are Bako N.P., Post #15 is Lambir Hills N.P. in Sarawak, Post #16 is Niah Caves N.P. and Bako N.P., Post #17,#18 and #19 are Kuala Lumpur, Post # 20,22,23,24,25,26,30 and 31 are Angkor Wat in Cambodia, Post #32 and #33 are Saigon,Vietnam, Post #40 was delicious, Post #41 is gado-gado, Post #42 is Bali, Post #43 is grilled tuna, Post #44 is Bali, Post #45 is Bangkok, Post #46 is Hua Hin, Thailand, Post #47 is Kuching, Post# 48 is Bako and Kuching, Post #49 is the Kinabatangan river, and Post #50 is Angkor Wat.