bubba

Any Beach Goers?

bubba

The current air temperature in the Palm Beaches is 61F. according to Weather Underground. The surf temperatur is 76F. So the only place you want to be at the Beach is:

P1030328.jpg

Rather than here:

P1030329.jpg

You can see the jagged edge of the Gulfstream at the top.

www.dadluvsu.com

You know the seas are rippin' out in the stream when the horizon is all blown out like that... might walk up to the beach tonight, sometimes a cold beach is fun.

Takil-Explorer

Looks like a rare Dutch summerday. Offcourse the NorthSea here is not that blue!

Alexander

cfkingfish

I remember cold beach nights when I lived out East on Long Island. We would build a huge bonfire, then dig a hole, pack it with ice, and bury the keg in the sand with just the tap hanging out. This was a great idea considering we were not 21 at the time. If the police came, they would find empty cups but no "source". For some reason they could never figure it out. I remember waking up in the rear cargo area of a 1965 Jeep CJ5 countless times, the room in the back is not like that of Jeeps today. This is the beach from an island I lived on.

post-36-035167300 1291731085_thumb.jpg

epicure3

I remember cold beach nights when I lived out East on Long Island. We would build a huge bonfire, then dig a hole, pack it with ice, and bury the keg in the sand with just the tap hanging out. This was a great idea considering we were not 21 at the time. If the police came, they would find empty cups but no "source". For some reason they could never figure it out. I remember waking up in the rear cargo area of a 1965 Jeep CJ5 countless times, the room in the back is not like that of Jeeps today. This is the beach from an island I lived on.

I think I see a tap in the distance buried.

Al in Kona

Monday found me killing a few hours mid-day waiting to pick up someone from work so I decided to go to the beach and soak up some vitamin D rays. I'm learning more about the importance of getting enough vitamin D and this is the natural free form of it! The Kona sun was actually hot, causing me to perspire a lot (rid body of some impurities), and darken the skin tone which is good for me since I'm outside a lot and this prevents any sun burn problems for me. So yes, I was a December 'beach goer' and feel my health benefited by it as well. I feel fortunate in that this can be done literally any month of the year here.

_Keith

The beach on a cool day is far more refreshing than on a hot summer day. Ending it with a fire on the beach is nothing short of magical.

SubTropicRay

Sure Bubba, it's warm if you're from Michigan or Minnesota. I work near the beach and it's packed this time of year. The world's most beautiful beaches are right here after all.

_Keith

Kenny Chesney - All i want for Christmas is a real good tan

Dave-Vero

NWS has surf temp at Palm Beach down to 72. Naples is down to 57. NWS has Ft Pierce at 57, too.

_Keith

NWS has surf temp at Palm Beach down to 72. Naples is down to 57. NWS has Ft Pierce at 57, too.

The Keys?

post-1207-071796100 1292643947_thumb.jpg

SubTropicRay

Bath water for Michiganders.

amazondk

When I lived in Fort Lauderdale I always found it interesting to see the white bodies out on the beach enjoying the water in what to me was cold weather and definately not beach conditions. But, when you come from a place where the water temperature is below freezing it seems warm.

dk