DSC_1441.thumb.jpg.6832cead35a6a7c3cf679

• Upvote 5

Missi
4 hours ago, Daryl said:

Tawny Frogmouth...has the stares!

DSC_1441.thumb.jpg.6832cead35a6a7c3cf679

:yay: SOOO CUTE!! :wub:

Palm crazy

First major rain storm for 2019. Critters will find any place to keep dry. 

DSC_0009.JPG

• Upvote 2

tropicbreeze

Through my window this morning. Mrs Macropus agilis, (Agile Wallaby) with Macropus agilis Jnr.

gwn19010603.jpg.5c83489005542b7bc7beff06

gwn19010606.jpg.94785b060649ac277cd966a2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

tropicbreeze

Green Tree Frog, Litoria caerulea, on Carpentaria acuminata.

gwn19010943.jpg.c0b57a088730d3d290032bf5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Palm crazy

Feeding time! Stellar Jay. 

DSC_0008.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Palm crazy

We got a little snow last night and the birds are taking it in stride. Robins are all over the holly tree finding shelter and eating the berries. 

A hummingbird is staying close to the food source. 

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

• Like 3

Silas_Sancona
16 minutes ago, Palm crazy said:

We got a little snow last night and the birds are taking it in stride. Robins are all over the holly tree finding shelter and eating the berries. 

A hummingbird is staying close to the food source. 

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

Grate pictures! How much snow fell?

Have to say the Hummingbird looks a bit  *Angry bird*-'ish  at the moment, though, lol:lol:

• Like 1

Palm crazy

Around 2"-3" but father north got 7"-8".  Yea that hummer doesn't look happy but they are pretty tough for their size. 

• Like 1

Silas_Sancona
9 hours ago, Palm crazy said:

Around 2"-3" but father north got 7"-8".  Yea that hummer doesn't look happy but they are pretty tough for their size. 

Not bad.. but feel free to keep it up there, lol.. 

Tough for sure.. Anything that can tolerate snow covered flowers, let alone buzz around chasing rivals in the garden, or vocally harass me for not re-filling their feeder when it's 115F out ( and i'm hiding indoors) is a tough cookie.. 

Waiting to see what happens across the S.F. Bay Area overnight.. hearing the snow level around San Jose may fall to 1000' ..with a not-so-outside chance flakes could be seen down to 4 or 500' (..or lower, esp. in the North Bay) by tomorrow morning, if any showers are hanging around at that time. Pretty sure all local peaks, and a few that rarely see any, will be capped, and / or dusted nicely should that happen.  Rare for sure, but happens every few years. Wasn't all that long ago Santa Cruz, at sea level, saw more than a few snow flakes.. 

Yesterday was mild / humid but somewhat Seattle-like with drizzly rain and low clouds most of the day here. More rain on the way.

steve99

Here's something you don't see too often, not in my garden anyway. It's a rare Lamington Spiny Crayfish and only found in my local area.  To be honest, I didn't even know they existed.

7LsPULR.jpg

• Like 4

tropicbreeze

Steve, doesn't look like a lamington :lol: . Great colour scheme. None of our species come up out of the water, not voluntarily anyway.

Estlander

Green Anole on my P. Sylvestris. They’re not really visitors but more like residents of my yard, lol. 

FCAE67BC-A50D-4ED2-817D-998DC41730FA.jpeg

• Like 2

Silas_Sancona
On 3/20/2019 at 6:16 PM, Estlander said:

Green Anole on my P. Sylvestris. They’re not really visitors but more like residents of my yard, lol. 

FCAE67BC-A50D-4ED2-817D-998DC41730FA.jpeg

Always had about  half a dozen Greens hanging out in my plants when in Bradenton, along w / Brown Anole ( all over the place ) ...which i'd find napping in various things at night. 

While not documented, as far as i am aware, i come across Brown A's around here every so often. Green Anole have also apparently started colonizing parts of Southern CA, esp. around San Diego County in the last several years.  Browns have also been sighted in the same spots also.  Always interesting how they'll sit on their branch, and glare at you w /one eye before running off.

While apparently displaced in my neighborhood / this area of Chandler, Desert Spiny Lizards ( pictured below ) are often common in yards that border local open spaces / parks, etc. While they look big, they're actually pretty docile, especially once used to people. There are Y.T. videos of these guys running up to people who feed them meal worms. Some will even come to your  patio door at X time during the day for lunch or dinner.. Pretty smart for a Lizard.. Very colorful as well.  Most other Lizards here, inc the Ornate Tree Lizards that occupy the Mesquite and block wall out back keep their distance. 
 DSCN2807.JPG.027d3a70015520451f736bf98d4602d0.JPG

• Like 1