IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

WAS ANYONE STILL USING "CLASSIC BLUE?"

PALM MOD

The new upgrade "broke" the Classic Blue Skin. There may be a way to fix it with a little bit of work. But, if very few will miss it, the time and potential problems a fix could lead to is not worth it. If you are using it, you will notice some weirdness with some things. Try using the newer skin (options at bottom left hand corner of page) and see if you can't get used to it. There are actually some improvements not available with Classic Blue.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I was using the classic blue. For one thing the text was little larger and easier to read. But since the "fix", I already was not able to search posts and topics by me or others. I switched to the new thing version and can do what I used to at least.

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I was using the classic blue. For one thing the text was little larger and easier to read. But since the "fix", I already was not able to search posts and topics by me or others. I switched to the new thing version and can do what I used to at least.

Same scenario as Bill. Something tells me that classic blue may be getting the axe .

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

I was using it until the update, when I started getting glitches with it, so I made the switch over. The other format feels nicer because I was more used to it, but I like some of the things that changed with the update too.

Keith 

Palmetto, Florida (10a) and Tampa, Florida (9b/10a)

ah ha, so that was the problem...

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

We cant check post's date and hour :(

I also miss the post's date and hour. I found it very useful.

Dick

Richard Douglas

I was using it until the update, when I started getting glitches with it, so I made the switch over. The other format feels nicer because I was more used to it, but I like some of the things that changed with the update too.

I just cant get used...

Until now I didnt know there was another option. One day I will have the patience to figure out how to try them.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

I was - until today. Oh well, worse things have happened. Classic blue was easier on my eyes.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

:mrlooney: I'm obviously out in La La land. Have an inkling but don't catch what's going on here. Are the posts' date and time being eliminated?

William

Hana, Maui

Land of the low lying heavens, the misty Uakea crowning the majestic Kauwiki.

Visit my palms here

:mrlooney: I'm obviously out in La La land. Have an inkling but don't catch what's going on here. Are the posts' date and time being eliminated?

William,

You can change the "look" of the Forum by choosing between the options offered in a box in the lower left hand corner of the page. One look is "Classic Blue," and another look is "IP.Board."

Add me to the list of classic blue users.

I guess old dogs just don't like having to learn new tricks :unsure: .

gmp

Old bitches dont either.

Peachy :(

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

On a side note, the new mobile version is excellent on my HTC EVO.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

On a side note, the new mobile version is excellent on my HTC EVO.

As a side note on the mobile version. I believe those with slower connections, or if anyone out there is still on dial-up, can choose the mobil version and get things to display a whole lot faster.

I think those Aussies, or others that have internet "quotas," may be able to save some MBs as well.

Okay, I'm resigned to the new format.

EXCEPT.... The new format excludes ALL of my messages prior to 9/10/10. When I want to contact/respond to a PM I received before then, I have to go back to Classic Blue to access all my messages, which seems to defeat the purpose of the "All New and Much Improved" format. What am I doing wrong, if anything? How do I access my message board beyond clicking on the cheesy, minute downward-pointing arrow to the far upper right? Do I continue to bounce back & forth on the formats, or - gott im himmel - is Classic Blue about to hit the trash heap of history and take all my messages, friends list, yadda, yadda with it?

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

I switched to IPBoard and all the weirdness is gone.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Randy -- hit your Home button. Unless you have a mac, then it's hold down fn and hit the left directional arrow at the bottom of your keyboard.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I use classic blue becuase its easier on the eyes.

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

i switched over from classic blue,also,because all kinds of weird things were happening--

len's posts were starting to make sense.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Randy -- hit your Home button. Unless you have a mac, then it's hold down fn and hit the left directional arrow at the bottom of your keyboard.

Thank you Kim!:D

Randy

test

Is there any way to tone down the IBBoard skin? It hurts my eyes for some reason.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Is there any way to tone down the IBBoard skin? It hurts my eyes for some reason.

NOPE - but your monitor, browser, and OS software has many adjustments.

Okay, I'm resigned to the new format.

EXCEPT.... The new format excludes ALL of my messages prior to 9/10/10. When I want to contact/respond to a PM I received before then, I have to go back to Classic Blue to access all my messages, which seems to defeat the purpose of the "All New and Much Improved" format. What am I doing wrong, if anything? How do I access my message board beyond clicking on the cheesy, minute downward-pointing arrow to the far upper right? Do I continue to bounce back & forth on the formats, or - gott im himmel - is Classic Blue about to hit the trash heap of history and take all my messages, friends list, yadda, yadda with it?

I haven't tested that, but it doesn't sound right to me. Have you tried all the arrows and "pull downs" in the top right corner. There is a lot of available info there in a small space.

Classic Blue, too. Still.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

After using IP.Board for a while, I'm back to Classic Blue. It's easier on the eyes and uses screen space a bit more effectively. I guess if I'm forced to use IP.Board I will, but until then I'm back to Classic Blue.

Tom

Bowie, Maryland, USA - USDA z7a
hardiestpalms.com

After using IP.Board for a while, I'm back to Classic Blue. It's easier on the eyes and uses screen space a bit more effectively. I guess if I'm forced to use IP.Board I will, but until then I'm back to Classic Blue.

Classic Blue, too.

Jean-bernard

crazy sower

city : Nantes, France,

This is funny. I also didn't know there was a choice and have been using IP Board by default. So when I read this topic I switched to Classic Blue, but to me it seems harsh on the eyes. So I think maybe what you are used to feels better.

Susan

Edited by GTClover

Using Classic Blue. The Back to Top Button disappears on IP Board.

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Using Classic Blue. The Back to Top Button disappears on IP Board.

You have a home key on your keyboard for that.

Looking looking. No. No home key.

I've got an Imac does it look different.

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Was using Classic Blue, now using the new format.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Still using classic blue and not having any problems.

Maybe old dogs just don't need many tricks to get along.

(I'll let the bitches speak for themselves :) )

gmp

I assume "Classic Blue " is the current format that I'm looking at on my PC right now.

If so, then there is nothing wrong with this format. I still get the dates, times and everyone's avatars etc.

However, on my Iphone, when I view the forum it is obviously now in your new format which is a right royal pain in the proverbial.

As I can't :-

1. Get any times or dates of posting.

2. Loose all the Avatars.

3. And most IMPORTANTLY I can't read the next as it is way toooo small and cannot Zoom in and expand the text when viewing from the Iphone, unless I go to bottom of page and click on the "Veiw Full Version" link.

Then everything goes back to normal.

Hope this feed back helps you. Dean .

Best regards Andy.

Bangor, Norin Iron Zone 9a Min temp normally around -3 Degrees C, rarely -6C. Only 2 x -2.0C so far, verging on 9b this year. No snow or Frost this Winter. Several just subzero's this year, lets hope it stays this way. Normally around 5C to 10C + in winter, with lots of wind & rain. Summers usually better, 20C to 25 C occasionally 25C to 28C, also quite humid being a coastal town

I assume "Classic Blue " is the current format that I'm looking at on my PC right now.

If so, then there is nothing wrong with this format. I still get the dates, times and everyone's avatars etc.

However, on my Iphone, when I view the forum it is obviously now in your new format which is a right royal pain in the proverbial.

As I can't :-

1. Get any times or dates of posting.

2. Loose all the Avatars.

3. And most IMPORTANTLY I can't read the next as it is way toooo small and cannot Zoom in and expand the text when viewing from the Iphone, unless I go to bottom of page and click on the "Veiw Full Version" link.

Then everything goes back to normal.

Hope this feed back helps you. Dean .

Best regards Andy.

I have the same difficulties viewing the site on my iPhone. Many sites have a mobile setting that's for smart phone access. I think Ari mentioned that she found a setting that worked well, but I don't know what it is. I'll ask her about next time I'm on FB.