IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Hey my first floor is..

Kris

Service area_Supposed to be a place to wash clothes

& vessels_Utensiles.

Now alloted for fertilizers & pots & Sprayers ,cutters etc..

post-108-1166455681_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

the refrigerator has stock pile of seeds in

baggie packs_mostly maples & for seeds

that need cool gestation periods_

post-108-1166455955_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Oh my Gawd! This disease thing, I'm scared... mine is progressing that way too, but not remotely as bad Kris!

I got a warning from the wife to move them pots from my only south facing window. She's got to be kidding!

And I see that you are into stratification of seeds? I did so for some northern spruce seeds I germinated. Very interesting how nature works. And I love those marble interiors.

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

Now to my roof terrace_Usually used to

dry our daily clothes_but Now my mom

asks where is the space to walk saftely. :D

post-108-1166457370_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Cheap plastic barrels are in use,they are used to

germinate & grow_Palms like Bizie lady,Washy's,

CIDP,Boabobs & local Phoenix,etc..

when it is time to ground all i have to do is

Knock.it just disintergates without strain due to

our tropical summer heat_98 to 106 degrees farnheat.

post-108-1166458145_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

due to excess heat in our region some seeds do need

incubator type of gentle heat_i do not have here

apparatus for that bottom heat  :D or germination

tray etc..

my plants & seeds are always put to really harsh

treatment since my region is more succeptable to

drought.only those guys that survive are given

a royal salute. :D

post-108-1166458356_thumb.jpg

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Dear folks  :D

iam a bachulor for now,but i do not know what

will transpire once iam married.

God save me and my plants from the 'ADEM'S FAMILY'.

your comments & critisium is all welcome here !

Love,

Kris(to all my friends).

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Yeah Kris

I sure reckoned you were not married and I suspect other members thought the same.

You no doubt will marry - you poor shmuck - and you will see some real BIG changes!

At least you seem to be aware of the cure ie. plastic bag and refrigeration!

May your God be with you.

Regardez

Juan

Juan

Kris,

I see a LOT of open space...plenty of room for more! :D

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Kris,

Yes, you are in full-fledged disease state.  Mine would look like that if my husband would let me.  He sometimes moves my potted babies around 'cuz he gets tired of them and that's the only time I really get mad (I'm slow to temper).  So you need to find a lady that loves to garden too -- that's your only hope!  Then you'll also know she has a kind heart :) :)

And I too love all that marble.  Makes it easy to keep clean, and it compliments the palms and others nicely.

San Francisco Bay Area, California

Zone 10a

Looks pretty normal to me Kris

I do agree with Bo-Goran though. Far too much tile and cement showing. Lets work on that !!!

Thanks for the pix Kris

Randy

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. I noitced your bed was not in use. Lots of room there. :)

It sounds like you live at your parents house still? After looking at those pictures, I will say your mom must be a really sweet lady.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Kris,

Did you finally get yourself a camera?

And as far as marriage goes..........you may not have to worry about that, unless you can convince the prospective bride  that your "hobby" is bringing in all kinds of money.  :D

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Kris - I too am a bachelor, but who knows how long that'll last. But the first thing that'll have to be understood is palms have the right-of-way in the yard! :D

None of this shade tree thing goin' on!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

Looks fine and dandy Kris , nothing to worry about, plenty of room, place those pots against each other and really start collecting. Marriage is a good thing as it fills you with even more love for your palms.  :D

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

I also have discovered the usefulness of Zephirhills water bottles!

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

Kris,

You poor guy! You are sick like the rest of us. And in your rooms, I see plenty of wall space where you can add shelves or a nice potting-up bench. No waits, lets get moving!

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hello Kris!

I am glad I am not the only one with such a passion (obsession?) for palms. It gets quite cold here in the winter so the heat loving palms all come inside. I also have palms and seedlings inside all year, especially the rare and tempermental ones. I have about 60 different kinds in the house right now, and another 2 dozen in the greenhouse. My girlfriend doesn't really like sleeping in the greenhouse in the winter, but since she is more cold-tolerant than many of my palms she understands.

I will post a couple pics of one of my "areas" so you will Know that you may not be as bad (yet) as you think.

It will only progress further. One palm is too many, a thousand never enough.

Best regards, Mike

The bedroom:

post-223-1166479122_thumb.jpg

Zone 5? East Lansing MI

And the palm seed incubator. Of course the oven in the kitchen is also an incubator, heat provided by the light inside. maintains 88 degrees F (31.1C) Part of the refrigerator is still used for food, but I don't know for how long. I am building another foam incubator for more precise temperature controll.

Zone 5? East Lansing MI

Kris:

You have a lot of space.

For now.

But when those little babies begin to grow, their space demands will increase exponentially.

Maybe buy yourself an estate out in the countryside?

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Kris, you are Very, Very sick  ???  You need help.......some of those need a bit of shade don't they?  :;):  Time to install some overhead canopy which means some planting beds  :P

David

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Kris, such an interesting house with the stonework used as here in the states where one would find drywall and panelling.  You have lots of room left and you must work to populate your surroundings to saturation.  If you can walk through an area without turning sideways and lifting each leg very high for every step there is much work still undone.

Do not let these brow-beaten Andy Capps frighten you from wed-lock.  A good women will tolerate your hobbies  if hers are entertained and allow her criticism to be distracted.  I have a big mess in my backyard and I am  never at odds with my lady over such, it is only the climate controlled areas that I must avoid placing obstacles in, otherwise no troubles.

Get more plants, hurry!

Alan

Tampa, Florida

Zone - 10a