IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Change Search to 'all words' instead of 'any words'

Delilah

Hi

Might I suggest that the Search default be changed to search "all words"? Currently it is set to search "any words", which of course brings up hundreds of pages in most cases and so is no use.

e.g. Seaching for how to "store palm seeds" brings up every page with the word "store", plus every page with the word "Palm", plus every page with the word "seed" - thousands of pages. No help at all!

Hopefully this is a forum setting which can be easily accessed by administrators(?)

I support...

Who's Ya Doggy? Lost & Found Dogs Online (free public service)

Go there if you have lost your dog, or if you have found someone else's dog.

Thanks for noticing that. There used to be an option for the user to choose between the two that I no longer see. I will check that out.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

The upcoming Forum upgrade should correct this problem.

The "Advanced Search" features are now properly available when using the New IP.Board skin. By clicking on the "gear" to the right of the Search Box, the choices for "all words" and "any words" is now an option. (the default appears to be 'hard coded' and not able to be changed in the standard search)

However, apparently this and some other issues is not fixable using the Classic Blue skin. It appears as if they will no longer be supporting that skin, although I am still waiting for an answer. It doesn't sound as if they have made that decision yet. So for now, I would suggest getting used to the new skin is the best strategy.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.