IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Random shots....

putu enjula

:o

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Angela, excellent photography as always! :) I'm glad to see your posting them here again.

By the way, that anthurium growing on the tree in the cat pic is a knockout! :drool:

Bren in South St. Pete Florida

Hi Angela,

Ok...OK, I"m really liking this side of the island all of a sudden. Your pictures are beautiful! Even the view from the local coffee shack is nice. In all my visits to the Big Island, I still have not made it over to the Kona side. That will change the next visit! Any spare bedrooms at the house? :D

Gorgeous....and thanks.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Just beautiful! It bitter sweet for me - I had planned on coming in October and now my wife is pregnant! 1st child and were older so didnt want to risk the long flight! Keep the great pics coming!

Bill

Zone 9A - West Central Florida in Valrico

East of Brandon and Tampa

Angela, Fantastic photos! Thanks for posting them.

Tim (Realarch) and Bob are here visiting me and I've been hearing lots of great info about the Big Island. I can't wait to visit there! Please post more photos when you get a chance.

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

How much rain do you get a year there, Angela? Very nice and green!!! Lovely place...

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

The perfect version of paradise is often apocryphal, but i have to say that your pics are as close to it as i have ever seen!

Thanks so much for posting such beautiful scenes!

Rusty

Rusty Bell

Pine Island - the Ex-Pat part of Lee County, Fl , USA

Zone 10b, life in the subs!...except when it isn't....

The colors are gorgeous!

Do you use a filter?

Hi Gene, no I don't, I am experimenting with a photography technique where you combine several photos of different exposures and it gets blended into one. Then it gets tweaked in photoshop. These are just experiments so far! Next time I need to use a tripod!

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Angela, excellent photography as always! :) I'm glad to see your posting them here again.

By the way, that anthurium growing on the tree in the cat pic is a knockout! :drool:

Thanks Bren! I guess that "anthurium" is a philodendron species from Central America. :)

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

How much rain do you get a year there, Angela? Very nice and green!!! Lovely place...

We get between 50-70 inches but it varies a lot. Makasih!

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Hi Angela,

Ok...OK, I"m really liking this side of the island all of a sudden. Your pictures are beautiful! Even the view from the local coffee shack is nice. In all my visits to the Big Island, I still have not made it over to the Kona side. That will change the next visit! Any spare bedrooms at the house? :D

Gorgeous....and thanks.

Jeff

JEFF HELLOO!!! :mrlooney: You know we have room for you guys over here... that's why we invited you.

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Hej (Hi or Hello in Swedish), I love your Palm Talk Name, Putu Enjula! :lol: It has a BEAUTIFUL ring.

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful. You should put your work to print so many can view same!

Make It A Great Day/Evening!

Karolyn

Enjoying MY home and garden in Leilani Estates, "K.P. Lundkvist Palm Garden"

How many cats do you have?? I have 3!!! Jazz, the brown burmese, Olivine (Ollie) the silver tabby british shorthaired, & Cocoa the seal point exotics. I love them!!!

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Kami punya tiga kucing juga!

Here are some regular snap shots of our kitties.... no artsie stuff. Do you have pictures of your cats? You should post some!

This is Smudge our newest cat that showed up. He was totally feral but I am a cat whisperer. I guess he is a blue point siamese. Sorry for the low quality... I forgot where the originals are!

post-1234-12812610184585_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812610889329_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

This is our first kitty "Tiki" He showed up when he was about 5-6 mos. old. It took about 6 mos. before he let me finally pet him. Now he's super sweet.

post-1234-12812612129022_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812617200312_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

This is Bruiser... you can guess how he got the name... someone dumped him and I can almost understand why.

post-1234-12812620182393_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812620482334_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812620913011_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

This is a kalij we named "Gimpie" she has kind of a gimp leg.

The second to last pic is of a rare hawaiian forest cat attacking a hapu'u!! :lol:

post-1234-12812623634604_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812623856756_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812624203597_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812624412278_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12812628564875_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

They all seem happy :). Here is Olivine (Ollie) - silver tabby british shorthaired. I call him Olivine (from the gem) since he is supposed to have green eyes, but he doesn't - but I thought the name suits him anyway.

post-512-12812637084104_thumb.jpg

post-512-12812638008578_thumb.jpg

his favourite place to hang out.. lol.

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

They all seem happy :). Here is Olivine (Ollie) - silver tabby british shorthaired. I call him Olivine (from the gem) since he is supposed to have green eyes, but he doesn't - but I thought the name suits him anyway.

post-512-12812637084104_thumb.jpg

post-512-12812638008578_thumb.jpg

his favourite place to hang out.. lol.

AWWWW!!! HOW CUTE!!! What a beautiful cat!!!

• Upvote 1

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Here is Jazz - the brown burmese... The best cat ever!!! He has lots of patience with the kids. They can be rough, they carry him upside down, they can smack him & push him off the bed, and he kept on coming back for more. My favourite breed... for sure.

post-512-12812640148259_thumb.jpg

And cocoa - the seal point exotics. Gentle cat... absolutely loved cuddles & a typical lap cat.

post-512-12812641795418_thumb.jpg

I have to get better pics of my cats. I just realised most of the photos were taken when they were kittens...

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

:o = speechless at the beauty of it all...
  • Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Hi Angela,

Gorgeous....and thanks.

Jeff

JEFF HELLOO!!! :mrlooney: You know we have room for you guys over here... that's why we invited you.

One of these days we'll make it out there, I promise. Just to come out and check on all your crotons will be well worth it. :D

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Loving all the cat shots! That Bruiser - he just don care, do he??!! laugh.gif Lovely shots, Angela - amazing sunsets too.

Pute:

Those pics of the island make me want to cry!

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.