IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

user name

obabylive

I would like to change my user name to something a more practical for me. Can I do this from within my current account, or must/can I register under a new account?

• Upvote 1

Go to "my settings" in the top right and you'll see something like "change display name"

Keith 

Palmetto, Florida (10a) and Tampa, Florida (9b/10a)

I think only IPS members can change their display name :/.

:) Jonathan

Edited by Xenon

Jonathan

Katy, TX (Zone 9a)

I like obabylive...it has panache....

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

I just realised its obabylive not babyolive....eeek !!

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone. Guess I'll reconsider the change, or re-up my membership to IPS after letting it expire yrs backlaugh.gif .

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

There are several extra perks that IPS Members get here, and the ability to change your name is one of them.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone. Guess I'll reconsider the change, or re-up my membership to IPS after letting it expire yrs backlaugh.gif .

Obenia - come back to your IPS family. blush.gif

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

I would like to change my user name to something a more practical for me. Can I do this from within my current account, or must/can I register under a new account?

I also would like to change my user name but registration won't let me anyone know why? I would like to use my real name.

Thanks anyone.

Cal Sloan

I also would like to change my user name but registration won't let me anyone know why? I would like to use my real name.

Thanks anyone.

Cal Sloan

I would like to change my user name and use my real name. Registration won't let me, anyone know why?

Thanks, cal sloan

I would like to change my user name and use my real name. Registration won't let me, anyone know why?

Thanks, cal sloan

You need to be an IPS Member to be able to change your username.

• 1 month later...

On this point, I remember that the system did not let me register myself as just 'Kumar' when I registered in April, citing that the name was already taken. While going through the member list one day I found nobody by that name. Why the denial then ?

Kumar

Bombay, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 23 - 32 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 3400.0 mm

Calcutta, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 19 - 33 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 1600.0 mm

On this point, I remember that the system did not let me register myself as just 'Kumar' when I registered in April, citing that the name was already taken. While going through the member list one day I found nobody by that name. Why the denial then ?

No idea. Maybe you became confused between the login name and the display name. Or maybe you tried registering twice using the same email address. I went ahead and changed your display name to Kumar, and it let me without a problem. If you want it changed back, let me know. If you keep it, be aware that your login name has remained what it always has been.

No idea. Maybe you became confused between the login name and the display name. Or maybe you tried registering twice using the same email address. I went ahead and changed your display name to Kumar, and it let me without a problem. If you want it changed back, let me know. If you keep it, be aware that your login name has remained what it always has been.

Thank you. I am grateful.

Kumar

Bombay, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 23 - 32 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 3400.0 mm

Calcutta, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 19 - 33 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 1600.0 mm