IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

1-2-2-3+

palmislandRandy

I noticed this Adonidia had split a few years ago. Now it's just gone berserk. the right side split again, but the left side has 3 or more growing points. :drool: I predict the left side will fall off eventually. There is nothing above it that may have done any physical damage. Weird :hmm:

Randy ;)

post-1035-12797585158655_thumb.jpg

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Toxic Waste Dump.???? :floor:

Only kidding. :D

Very strange. That palms doing what it wants to do. It knows what it's doing. Just let it be. :D

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

A couple more photos of the "Deerfield Beach Freak".

Randy :)

post-1035-12797591026517_thumb.jpg

post-1035-12797591259022_thumb.jpg

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

:hmm:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

kill it before it spreads! :unsure:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Im not one for total uniqueness.... double headed look good on sabals and sabals only!

Milwaukee, WI to Ocala, FL

That is cool ! I like freak specimens of palms, like this local Butia capitata

98a5.jpg

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

98a5.jpg

Is the palm for sale or the whole property Eric? rolleyes.gif

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

LOL ! I assume the property ! I would love to acquire the palm. It had like about dozen growing points the last time I saw it.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

kill it before it spreads! unsure.gif

Paul wants it for dinner!

Don't trust him.

Cool palm!mrlooney.gif

Regards, Randy

test

98a5.jpg

Did you have to multi quote Moose?blink.gif

test

98a5.jpg

Did you have to multi quote Moose?blink.gif

Yes mrlooney.gif

That jubea is trying hard to copy that multi-headed shadowy cycad lurking in the background.

All i need to see now is a multi headed roystonea !

Kumar

Bombay, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 23 - 32 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 3400.0 mm

Calcutta, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 19 - 33 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 1600.0 mm

Randy,

That's a first for me. I've seen a photo of a coconut tree in Kiribati that did just that. Very unusual. :unsure:

William

Hana, Maui

Land of the low lying heavens, the misty Uakea crowning the majestic Kauwiki.

Visit my palms here

I still have not found anyone that knows for sure what causes the branching in solitary palms?

They are very curious..

Regards

Stephen

Stephen

Broome Western Australia

Where the desert meets the sea

Tropical Monsoon

Damage to the growing point does it. I know of a P roebellinii over here that some guy made deliberately. It's probably a risky business to do yourself because you may kill the whole plant. I'm not sure on the technique though, but it would involve some serious cutting into the apical meristem I would think. Maybe others have more clue on the technique to do it manually.

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

I have seen a few double crowned palms around the place, but then this is queensland after all and having 2 heads is apparently not at all uncommon.

Peachy

• Upvote 1

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

I have seen a few double crowned palms around the place, but then this is queensland after all and having 2 heads is apparently not at all uncommon.

Peachy

Very funny Peachy

Stephen

Broome Western Australia

Where the desert meets the sea

Tropical Monsoon

Peachy

Would a double headed palm be classified as a clustering palm in the garden of Peachy?

Just curious? laugh.gif

Ron. smilie.gif