IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

"Dorothy of Oz"

www.dadluvsu.com

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay to go see it?

• I will see it in the opening week!
    • I will see it in the theaters
    • I'll wait till it comes out of DVD
    • I won't see it...

:winkie:

post-126-12786156055502_thumb.gif

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Dude, I really hope not... I just dumped a few bucks into production... Hopefully the proceeds will ship me off to Hawaii (and those rights to intellectual property will set me up for a while)... I expect this movie will appeal to the masses and make some big box office bucks.

I agree that the movie will probably do great and be pleasing to the masses. I'm just not a real big movie goer that's all.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

I like the flash intro on the website. There are little hot-spots you can click on!

I agree that the movie will probably do great and be pleasing to the masses. I'm just not a real big movie goer that's all.

Dude, aren't you in the movie making business?

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

Dude, I really hope not... I just dumped a few bucks into production... Hopefully the proceeds will ship me off to Hawaii (and those rights to intellectual property will set me up for a while)... I expect this movie will appeal to the masses and make some big box office bucks.

I hope this pans out for you. I also hope you were able to get better than a net profit deal which is what the big studio's typically offer. I think the movie has the potential to be blockbuster given how well known the Wizard of Oz is.

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

Yeah, but I don't watch much TV or see more than 1 or 2 movies a year. The job of an actor and watching movies are two completely different things. If I'm playing a doctor it's not my job to act like a doctor. It's my job to do the job of a doctor.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Clear!!!!!

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Yeah, but I don't watch much TV or see more than 1 or 2 movies a year. The job of an actor and watching movies are two completely different things. If I'm playing a doctor it's not my job to act like a doctor. It's my job to do the job of a doctor.

its like being a musician & not liking to listen to music...only DUMBER!!! :angry:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

its like being a musician & not liking to listen to music...only DUMBER!!! :angry:

It's like an artist/painter, who studies and works with other artists but doesn't go to art shows.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

It's like an artist/painter, who studies and works with other artists but doesn't go to art shows.

It's like an architect, who designs houses but never lives in them.

I think he lives on the beach somewhere in Acapulco... :blink:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

still "warning-free."

...cuz his art sucks

...cuz he never goes to art shows

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

i dont think yer following my line of snarkiness. :blink:

still "warning-free."

Hey I appreciate it! The more "track time" I got racing, the less interested I was in watching it on TV! PALES by comparison to the real thing.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 11 months later...

It's good to see Shrek is getting some work.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

if its all CGI it will be just like a Wizard of OZ video game.

Dont just hire famous actors as voices...bring back the munchkins !!

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

I won't go see it. Not particularly interested in another remake of an old movie. Same reason I did not see the new True Grit. Who can top John Wayne?

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Blasphemy! Has Hollywood become so stagnant that they have to piggy-back on a 72 year old movie? I guess there's not much creativity coming out of our colleges these days. The point is moot anyway since nowadays you can't tell if it's real acting or if it's computer generated. What a load of hooey!

I think it's supposed to be the continuation of the story, with Dorothy living in OZ. Am I wrong?

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Matty, there can be NO continuation of the story-line. It was all a dream, Dorothy's back home, Toto's cool, and the weather cleared. End of story.

(why the heck am I defending a stupid movie?)

Maybe she eats some Kansas Spring time cow pie mushrooms and goes back to OZ.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Maybe she eats some Kansas Spring time cow pie mushrooms and goes back to OZ

Matty, now THAT's what I'm talking about! Fresh, new, original, and totally surreal. Sheesh, you should be a screenwriter.

Blasphemy! Has Hollywood become so stagnant that they have to piggy-back on a 72 year old movie? I guess there's not much creativity coming out of our colleges these days. The point is moot anyway since nowadays you can't tell if it's real acting or if it's computer generated. What a load of hooey!

\

L.Frank Baum, who wrote The Wizard of Oz in 1900, also wrote 13 other "Oz" books. I don't know if this movie is faithful to any of them, but there certainly are other stories to tell. As far as there being any creativity, I think there is plenty out there but, the movie industry wants to appeal to the broadest market (think Chevrolet vs Ferrari)so it only fosters and produces mostly plain vanilla fare.

Bill, you first posted this a year ago and now you say it is scheduled to come out a year from now. It sure is taking a long time to finish.

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

Maybe she eats some Kansas Spring time cow pie mushrooms and goes back to OZ.

Mayhap she goes to Australia (OZ) and discovers a new species of Archo with orange/red crownshaft. :)

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

\

L.Frank Baum, who wrote The Wizard of Oz in 1900, also wrote 13 other "Oz" books. I don't know if this movie is faithful to any of them, but there certainly are other stories to tell. As far as there being any creativity, I think there is plenty out there but, the movie industry wants to appeal to the broadest market (think Chevrolet vs Ferrari)so it only fosters and produces mostly plain vanilla fare.

Bill, you first posted this a year ago and now you say it is scheduled to come out a year from now. It sure is taking a long time to finish.

I believe the project actually started back in 2009 Jerry. I agree, long time... But 3 years is about the average from concept to creation on a major CGI, add 3d and it usually takes longer.

Dorothy of Oz is actually a book written by L. Frank's great-grandson, Roger S. Baum, and is a sequel to his great-grandfather's stories. Roger has written many Oz books. More importantly, Roger collaborated with the movie and most of the story should be very faithful to the text.

http://www.tototooinc.com/dorothy.htm

This project isn't about redoing The Wizard of Oz (I'd think every would agree; that would be a movie blasphemy!)... The directors, producers, etc. were more focused on introducing the hollywood-overstimulated current generation to some great classic stories...

Greg..... = Spicolli

Classic! :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Maybe Dorothy stayed at a Holliday Inn Express...

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros