IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Sabal palmetto "Lisa" seedlings

PalmatierMeg

I germinated these seedlings in early 2009 from seeds I collected from a local wild Sabal Lisa I designated #1 to separate it from a similar Lisa about 100 yards away. Now I have approximately 50 of these seedlings and no place to put them. So, they must go. My husband is tired of looking at all the pots.

Please, please note the following:

Price: $5.00 each. Minimum order 3 plants ($15.00). By ordering at least 3, you give yourself an excellent chance of obtaining one or more Lisas. Sabal Lisa seeds germinate approximately 70% true Lisa. And no, I can't reliably tell the difference in the seedling stage.

Shipping: $12.00 for a box of up to 6 seedlings. Sent bareroot only.

No phytosanitary certificate. I am not a business, just a palm lover like most of you.

Sales to U.S. buyers only. I am extremely fond of overseas Palmtalkers and mean no disrepect to them but I am leery of shipping live plants out of the country. US Customs has threatened me before. I don't want your country's customs after me too.

Payment Methods:

Paypal

Money Order

Check - shipment held until check clears

I prefer not to receive cash in the mail. If you insist on sending cash, be aware: No money, no palms, no matter what you claim. And yes, I have received empty envelopes in the past, so stuff happens.

Insurance, etc. is extra at your expense.

Help me find homes for these palms. When they are gone, I will post a sale of seedlings from Sabal Lisa #2, so don't despair if you miss out on this bunch.

PM me if you are interested. Seedlings will be sent in order of payment received.

You are welcome to come to Cape Coral to pick out your own seedlings and tour my gardens. I also have tons of other palm seedlings available: Sabal sp, Sabal minor, etonia, bermudana and more, Serenoa repens, Coccothrinax sp, barbadensis, Livistona nitida, Chamaedoreas, Dypsis including pembana, lutescens and malagasy. And more. But you need to set up a precise appointment around my day job. Cash payment only for pickups.

And, of course, the photos.

post-1349-12777381850919_thumb.jpg post-1349-12777382123767_thumb.jpg

Parent palm

post-1349-12777383010608_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

biggrin.gif On Saturday I had the pleasure of visiting Megs palm garden and it was even more beautiful than I could of Imagined. I also bought some of the Sabal Lisa seedlings. they are worth far more than than the price. Again thanks to you and your husband for the tour and palms Stevesmilie.gif

Palms not just a tree also a state of mind

I got mine on Friday. Great plants with really developed root systems. Thanks Meg for the quick shipping etc.

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I still have seedlings left from Lisa #1. This weekend I will go out of town for 2 weeks. My housesitter will not be able to access my PalmTalk account or package palms. So, if you want to receive any Sabal Lisas before mid-August, order/pay for them before Friday, 7/23.

When I get back into town, I will post the sale of seedlings from wild Sabal Lisa #2. I'd sure like to find these babies new homes before hurricane season really cranks into action.

Meg

Florida

• 1 month later...

FINAL UPDATE: I still have a few Sabal Lisa #1 seedlings left. I also have ~70 seedlings of Sabal Lisa #2 in 3g pots. They are still in strap leaf stage and are growing in the corner of the vacant lot on the west side of the house in full sun. Whatever is left after this update will go up on eBay because they need homes asap.

This is Sabal Lisa #2. Photo taken in 2008.

post-1349-12838670896316_thumb.jpg

Meg

Florida

FINAL UPDATE: I still have a few Sabal Lisa #1 seedlings left. I also have ~70 seedlings of Sabal Lisa #2 in 3g pots. They are still in strap leaf stage and are growing in the corner of the vacant lot on the west side of the house in full sun. Whatever is left after this update will go up on eBay because they need homes asap.

This is Sabal Lisa #2. Photo taken in 2008.

post-1349-12838670896316_thumb.jpg

PM sent! wink-1.gif

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Thanks Meg! Mine are doing great. Here is a pic of the one at the Deerfield Beach Arboretum. The fronds feel just like like plastic. :D

Randy :)

post-1035-1284035789142_thumb.jpg

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Meg. They are way bigger than I thought and extremely well grown. If anyone has any desire for a Sabal palmetto "Lisa" , you need to PM Meg right now if she has any left. :drool:

Ron. :D

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

• 4 months later...

Thank you Meg. They are way bigger than I thought and extremely well grown. If anyone has any desire for a Sabal palmetto "Lisa" , you need to PM Meg right now if she has any left. :drool:

Ron. :D

Hello, Lisa

This may be a long shot, but do you have any more sabal lisas available? My wife loves this palm; we just saw it for the first time in St. Pete. Thank you very much for your time! :)

I still have some but I can't hold to my original price from last June: my seedlings have grown since then.

Minimum order: 3 @ $9.00 each = $27.00

Shipping = $10.00

Total = $37.00 via Paypal

PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Meg

Florida

I still have some but I can't hold to my original price from last June: my seedlings have grown since then.

Minimum order: 3 @ $9.00 each = $27.00

Shipping = $10.00

Total = $37.00 via Paypal

PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

I am very interested. thank you! I can't do pay pal now--i'm at work., but I can work this out this saturday! Please don't sell them to anyone else till then, please :) thank you :)

Meg, I recently purchased some Sabal Lisa seeds from a vendor on ebay. I was wondering how long it takes for germination/sprouting? Also I did some research and came accross some information regarding the first and second strappings with a note that if the strappings comes to a point it probably is a hybrid Lisa. Have you found that to be the case in your experience? Thanks!

FYI, I was able to find the exact information,

"We believe we can identify the Lisa's once they have

2-3 strap leaves. When you pinch the strap leaf and run your fingers

upwards, you can feel a pronounced cup at the tip. This concave tip

is indicative of Sabal Lisa's signature "cupped" leaflets"

Meg, I recently purchased some Sabal Lisa seeds from a vendor on ebay. I was wondering how long it takes for germination/sprouting? Also I did some research and came accross some information regarding the first and second strappings with a note that if the strappings comes to a point it probably is a hybrid Lisa. Have you found that to be the case in your experience? Thanks!

I'm aware of the "cupped leaf" info but not the "pointed strap leaves". I will have a look over the weekend. I've noticed on my Sabal Lisa in the ground (3-1/2 years old or so) that recent strap leaves emerge rolled into vertical cylinders - very strange-looking - that then "unroll" about halfway to form a deep "cup". But those leaves are much larger than those of my seedlings - about 12-14" long and 4" at widest point. But it still hasn't produced any palmate fronds. Maybe this year.

Meg

Florida