IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Rain ...finally

Palmhut1

Yeah.  NWS-LA finally got it right!  :D

Recorded 0.41 as the first significant storm since July.

Take a look at NWS forecast for later in the week :  :P

.LONG TERM (WEDNESDAY-SATURDAY)...COOL NORTHWEST TO NORTH PATTERN

WILL PERSIST INTO LATE WEEK. SENSIBLE WEATHER SHOULD STAY SIMILAR TO

WHAT MONDAY AND TUESDAY WILL BE. THE EXCEPTION MAY BE LATE WEEK AS

AS A COLD FRONT PUSHES DOWN THE STATE. MODELS STILL PRODUCING A

MIXED BAG OF GOODIES FOR IDEAS ON THE LATE WEEK STORM SYSTEM. ECMWF

SEEMS TO BE FOLLOWING THE MOIST 00Z GFS IDEA...BUT ITS SOLUTION IS

VERY IMPRESSIVE RELATIVE TO THE 00Z GFS. ECMWF SOLUTION WOULD BE A

CLASSIC SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PRECIPITATION PRODUCING PATTERN WITH A

LARGER SUBTROPICAL TAP ALONG THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY ARRIVING OVER

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. GFS DOES NOT SEEM AS EXCITED ABOUT THE PATTERN

WITH 06Z RUNS COMING IN WITH AN OFF-SHORE EVENT.

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

.20 here. Whoop-dee-doo. What is it? A grand total of .4 for thr season so far? Not enough to even cut back on watering yet.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

LOL dean...it's all the rain we seem to get at one time nowadays...and I for one am grateful for it!

Grow my little beauties.......GROW!!!!

Yummy rainwater!

I'm with Dean...we're not impressed yet! :D

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

LOL, yes, Bo, we can see your point!  Didn't you post somewhere recently you got more than 8 inches in a few hours!?

San Francisco Bay Area, California

Zone 10a

Yes, there have been a few occasions over the last several years when we had 8-10 inches in a few hours. Best thing is, 5 minutes after it stops raining, no standing water thanks to excellent drainage!

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Well, I heard from the most reliable weather guy last night that 1-2" of rain is predicted sat night/sunday/monday...here it comes...

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

(Palmhut1 @ Dec. 13 2006,21:33)

B.S. Man would that be Mr. Coleman? :o

The one and the crazy same....... :D   (hey, that looks like his smile!)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

That guy is usually on the money when it comes to the weather. This emoticon does have an uncanny resemblance to John.  :D

Plant a palm....

Yep, if you were a founder of the National weather Service, you should know something....

If I NEED to know the weather, I make it a point to watch him.

(Kathy @ Dec. 12 2006,14:32)

LOL, yes, Bo, we can see your point!  Didn't you post somewhere recently you got more than 8 inches in a few hours!?

Here in West Palm Beach proper yesterday, we got 8.22 inches. I'm in the western suburbs and got quite a bit less at 2.5, but since we were so dry of late, any rain is welcome rain. More forecast for today.

Royal Palm Beach, FL.

USDA Zone 10A/10B Subtropical

26.7 degrees N. latitude

10 miles West of West Palm Beach and the ocean

Avg. yearly rainfall 58 inches

:cool:

Thats a lot out there....

Recent revision here shows more than likely only .10 to .50, sadly very typical.

Well...that sucked...less than 1/4" last night. And now we're gonna have nights below 32f for 5 nights in a row.

Will have to water my avocado grove now...grrrr

If global warming means I can grow Cocos Nucifera, then bring it on....