IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Whens this So Cal weather stop?

BS Man about Palms

pretty strong gusts overnight here, still blowing about 15 knts with gusts to 20 or so. Would be nice if spring temps would get here, pretty chilly out even at noon.

Aloha!

Always looking for "Palms of Paradise"

Cardiff by the Sea 10b 1/2

1/2 mile from the Blue Pacific

It was very windy yesterday afternoon and overnight last night. I estimate I got some gusts over 40 MPH. I can tell it's windy because my house starts to make noises and creek. No overturned trees though, I've still got them staked up from this Winter.

It still is winter as far as I can tell.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

It was very windy yesterday afternoon and overnight last night. I estimate I got some gusts over 40 MPH. I can tell it's windy because my house starts to make noises and creek. No overturned trees though, I've still got them staked up from this Winter.

It still is winter as far as I can tell.

It's nearly the last month of spring and it's still cold over there???? I hope that's not my story in late October. :(

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

I drove over the Tejon Pass\ Grapevine yesterday w/ gusts up to 70mph [also snow on the peaks]. According to NWS_LA report this cold airmass could easily translate in widespread minimums in the 30's tomorrow morning! Then a nice warm-up.

Tyrone, this is springtime volatility. April has been a cool & relatively wet month. Don't know what to attribute this pattern to but El Nino is still in effect.

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

It was about 45F here this morning... :(

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!