IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

$3.50 Coccothrinax Blowout Sale at D'Asign Source Botanicals

SCUBAKeith

D'Asign Source Botanicals has over 400 Coccothrinax 1 gallons that we lost the tags for and we have to sell as Coccothrinax sp. We are blowing them out at only $3.50 each!!! First come first serve, so stop in and pick out your favorite, who knows what kind of cool species you will find!!!!!

:drool:

Their heights range from 6 inches to 18 inches, all are in 1 gallon containers and average about 5 years of age.

Here are some pictures to get you started....more to follow......

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02223.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

We are located at:

3221 'D' Road

Loxahatchee, FL 33470

Visit Our Website

SCUBAKeith

Ohhhhhhh you're killin' me Keith!!!!!!!!!! Awesome plants at amazing prices!!!!!!!!

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Hi Keith,

I know that tags were lost on these Coccos but can you give us an idea of what species might be included in the mix? I checked your inventory list and noted:

argentata

argentea

barbadensis

borhidiana

crinita

miraguama

montana

protorii

scoparia

spissa

Are all these represented? Additional species?

Also, what are your days/hours for coming by. Unfortunately I have a M-F day job and have only weekends for plants.

Thanks,

Meg

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Meg I sent them a PM asking them the same thing . I also asked if they could post a few more photos. They were not to interested in taking the time in doing this, they mentioned quite a few have already been sold. That I should just come by, well last time I came by witch was a 12hr drive. I was turned away because it was 10min after closing time,I was told to come back tomorrow. We'll instead I just went across the street to Caribbean Palms Mike Harris, and spent my 3grand there. I've found these guys hard to deal with,I thought I'd give them another go, seems like they don't care if they sale plants or not.Sorry but this has just been my experience....I'm sure their a bunch of good guys...

Hi Keith,

I know that tags were lost on these Coccos but can you give us an idea of what species might be included in the mix? I checked your inventory list and noted:

argentata

argentea

barbadensis

borhidiana

crinita

miraguama

montana

protorii

scoparia

spissa

Also, what are your days/hours for coming by. Unfortunately I have a M-F day job and have only weekends for plants.

Thanks,

Meg

Paul Gallop

Meg I sent them a PM asking them the same thing . I also asked if they could post a few more photos. They were not to interested in taking the time in doing this, they mentioned quite a few have already been sold. That I should just come by, well last time I came by witch was a 12hr drive. I was turned away because it was 10min after closing time,I was told to come back tomorrow. We'll instead I just went across the street to Caribbean Palms Mike Harris, and spent my 3grand there. I've found these guys hard to deal with,I thought I'd give them another go, seems like they don't care if they sale plants or not.Sorry but this has just been my experience....I'm sure their a bunch of good guys...

Hi Keith,

argentata

argentea

barbadensis

borhidiana

crinita

miraguama

montana

protorii

scoparia

spissa

Thanks,

Meg

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hi Keith,

argentata

argentea

barbadensis

borhidiana

crinita

miraguama

montana

protorii

scoparia

spissa

Thanks,

Meg

O U C H !!!

The next time you want to spend $3,000 and drive 12 hours down, call me, I'll have dinner and an open bar waiting. :drool:

SCUBAKeith

Meg- there were all those species plus readii. Our hours are 7:30- 4, M-F and by appointment. PM me about an appointment and I'll work with you as best as I can.

Paul- I am very sorry that you showed up as the nursery gate was being closed by one of my employees, but if you remember correctly, you had made an appointment for Friday, which you never kept. Had you made an appointment for late Thursday we would have been happy to accomodate you as best as we could have.

SCUBAKeith

Here are pictures of some of the Coccothrinax we still have available!!!!

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

This sale will last till March 12th, 2010, so come on in to get the best selection!!!

Our office hours are:

Monday - Friday 7:30-4:00

Saturdays by appointment

We are located at:

3221 'D' Road

Loxahatchee, FL 33470

Visit Our Website

SCUBAKeith

Thanks for coming in yesterday Miguel, you got some real beauties!!!!! :D

Yer verrry welcome Keith.

I'd say to anyone that hasn't grabbed a few to do it. At $3.50 for a plant that has been growing five years is a real deal. Yes, there are some there that I can't identify, or possibly hybridized, I couldn't pass this up.

Life is like a box of chocolates..........

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

Meg- there were all those species plus readii. Our hours are 7:30- 4, M-F and by appointment. PM me about an appointment and I'll work with you as best as I can.

Paul- I am very sorry that you showed up as the nursery gate was being closed by one of my employees, but if you remember correctly, you had made an appointment for Friday, which you never kept. Had you made an appointment for late Thursday we would have been happy to accomodate you as best as we could have.

I apologies for the confusion, but the reason I didn't come back Friday is because my wife and I thought the guy that turned us away at the gate was pretty rude ! The other nursery we found near by, the owner didn't hesitate to invite us in even though it was after hours and we had no appointment, he even offered us a beer spending more than 4hrs walking and talking about palms. That was the best buying experience I've had.

Again I to am sorry about the confusion..That is a great deal you have going...

Paul Gallop

I apologies for the confusion, but the reason I didn't come back Friday is because my wife and I thought the guy that turned us away at the gate was pretty rude ! The other nursery we found near by, the owner didn't hesitate to invite us in even though it was after hours and we had no appointment, he even offered us a beer spending more than 4hrs walking and talking about palms. That was the best buying experience I've had.

Again I to am sorry about the confusion..That is a great deal you have going...

We love Mike, he is a good friend of ours and we are very happy that you were able to get some great plants at his nursery!

SCUBAKeith

These guys are very easy to deal with and extremely reasonable on price (as evidenced by this insane offer). I would not hesitate to buy palms from them and I know for a fact that they stand behind what they sell. They are a small operation that is run by a few very dedicated people that work their butts off to keep the place going.

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

These guys are very easy to deal with and extremely reasonable on price (as evidenced by this insane offer). I would not hesitate to buy palms from them and I know for a fact that they stand behind what they sell. They are a small operation that is run by a few very dedicated people that work their butts off to keep the place going.

Thanks Ron!!!!! :D

SCUBAKeith

Jeff,

I will be coming down next month. I'll drive around for an extra 9hrs if there is an open bar. :mrlooney:

Hi Keith,

argentata

argentea

barbadensis

borhidiana

crinita

miraguama

montana

protorii

scoparia

spissa

Thanks,

Meg

O U C H !!!

The next time you want to spend $3,000 and drive 12 hours down, call me, I'll have dinner and an open bar waiting. :drool:

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.