IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New look

Lauriek

Love the new look of this site. I find it easier to navigate.

Laurie

Melboure, Australia

Lat: 37.82 Degrees South

Long: 144.04 Degrees East

Glad you like it! Still getting used to it....

Going to try a photo attachment here. Just a test.

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Dean, it looks and works great. Thanks for all you do.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Another test

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Looks like posted photos are disappearing every now and then. I posted a few photos on Sunday and they were deleted. I noticed

this comment on several other threads. I like the new look though and it will take a bit of getting used to.

Tim

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

Tim,

That's very disturbing. Dean probably already knows, but I'll alert him. I had posted four photos in my post (a couple of posts up from this one) and I know Kris had a thumbnail photo in his post above.

Bo-Göran

Another test. Let's see if these photos stay put!

post-22-12644681281011_thumb.jpg

post-22-12644681349529_thumb.jpg

post-22-12644681390013_thumb.jpg

post-22-12644681443757_thumb.jpg

Still testing and checking the limits...

post-108-12645170208797_thumb.jpg post-108-12645170592087_thumb.jpg

post-108-12645171419703_thumb.jpg post-108-12645171681795_thumb.jpg

post-108-12645172834301_thumb.jpg

The MB limit tried above is 1.94MB

But one feature that i would like to request here,is that when clicking on the thumbnails,the same post opens the image.But i would like the image to open up in a new page.So that i can open multiple images in that post in one go.And as the images are building in the new pages.i can be reading the articles in that post..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let me cut and paste stills from my photobucket account ? :hmm:

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

19273604.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

I must say these features work like a charm,and i have noticed that the border outlines on each still be it big sized still or small looks very neat now.I like that feature.

And the thumbnail stills even seem to have a better clarity now & the photobucket stills simply rocks.I see marked improvement in picture clarity now.As though i have uploaded stills shot in HD ? :hmm: How is that...

Love,

kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

But one feature that i would like to request here,is that when clicking on the thumbnails,the same post opens the image.But i would like the image to open up in a new page.So that i can open multiple images in that post in one go.And as the images are building in the new pages.i can be reading the articles in that post..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see marked improvement in picture clarity now.As though i have uploaded stills shot in HD ? :hmm: How is that...

Love,

kris.

Kris,

The thumbnail option you are requesting has been discussed elsewhere.

There are many improvements in the upgrade. This is just one you have happened to notice. Security, Administration management, speed/efficiency, server overhead, etc. are others.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Thanks Sir :)

I really want to appricieate you & your team for making our site look & feel so good with marked improvements year after year.(Thumbs Up !) :greenthumb:

Lots of love,

kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif