Sign in to follow this  
happ

"California Storms to be Unrelenting"

BS Man about Palms

Per an early report from my favorite KUSI weathercaster last night, possible drizzle mid week, but looks like real storms coming next weekend.

happ

Let's keep our fingers crossed because there is further warming in the tropical Pacific & favorable movement of Madden-Julian oscillation [a reinforcing tropical circulation]. High pressure could ruin it for SoCal but we are entering for favorable rain conditions none-the-less. Here's recent discussion from NWS_SF:

ENJOY THE DRY WEATHER WHILE IT LASTS...A RAINY WEEK IS STILL EXPECTED TO KICK OFF MONDAY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. ACCORDING TO THE CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER EL NINO STRENGTHENED DURING DECEMBER, WITH ABOVE AVERAGE SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES ENCOMPASSING THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN EQUATORIAL PACIFIC OCEAN. WEEKLY VALUES OF THE NINO 3.4 INDEX INCREASED SLIGHTLY WITH THE MOST RECENT VALUES REACHING +1.8C. ADDITIONALLY...THE MJO IS CURRENTLY IN PHASE SPACE 7 WHICH IS A PREFERABLE PHASE FOR A WET PATTERN TO DEVELOP. WHAT THIS ALL BOILS DOWN TO IS ENHANCED CONFIDENCE IN A WET FORECAST FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK. IN FACT...THE CPC 6 TO 10 OUTLOOK SUGGESTS ABOVE NORMAL PRECIPITATION FOR THE ENTIRE CALIFORNIA COAST.

Edited by happ
  • Upvote 1

DoomsDave

I'm doing my rain dance . . . .

Rain godz, pleeeze, send the rain

Between midnight and 6 a.m. if you can . . . .

palmcurry

THE CPC 6 TO 10 OUTLOOK SUGGESTS ABOVE NORMAL PRECIPITATION FOR THE ENTIRE CALIFORNIA COAST.

Yup, prediction vindicated. I feel like I'm on the north shore of Kauai right now.

happ

Heavy showers\ thunderstorms overnight in LA w/ mud slides in burn areas. More rainfall today. Over 3 inches at my location since yesterday.

BS Man about Palms

Heavy showers\ thunderstorms overnight in LA w/ mud slides in burn areas. More rainfall today. Over 3 inches at my location since yesterday.

San Diego county is not getting nearly that much...

Hollywood Palms

Hit hard at 4 this morning. Like Happ, over three inches since midnight.

David

epicure3

I'll be lucky to have 1" out of this. Thankfully, no wind.

gsn

THE CPC 6 TO 10 OUTLOOK SUGGESTS ABOVE NORMAL PRECIPITATION FOR THE ENTIRE CALIFORNIA COAST.

Yup, prediction vindicated. I feel like I'm on the north shore of Kauai right now.

Which one,the prediction on 1/30 or the one 2 days later on 2/1? I guess if you call both, one has to be right? :winkie:

The weather computer models continue to back off on much rainfall for SoCal this week :( and we could end up with little if any moisture. Partly cloudy\ cool but dry!

Edited by gsn

Shon

Which one,the prediction on 1/30 or the one 2 days later on 2/1? I guess if you call both, one has to be right? :winkie:

The weather computer models continue to back off on much rainfall for SoCal this week :( and we could end up with little if any moisture. Partly cloudy\ cool but dry!

Don't listen to this guy Happ. He's super bitter. Keep posting I as well as others enjoy you weather posts.

gsn

I guess if pointing out that predicting the weather is less than reliable (set in stone) makes me bitter, then I guess I am? :)

But I would call it being somewhat CYNICAL about the ability to predict the weather!

Happ was merely the messinger,the metoroligists were the ones that couldn't decide which it would be... they were the ones predicting what was going to happen weather wise!

Edited by gsn

happ

Thankfully this round with mother nature is over but it left damage:

losangelesstorm2-6-10e.jpg

losangelesstorm2-6-10d.jpg

losangelesstorm2-6-10g.jpg

losangelesstorm2-6-10.jpg

happ

palmcurry

Wow. Gnarley. I especialy like the guy bottom-turning on his yellowboard on a street corner :lol:

losangelesstorm2-6-10a.jpg

losangelesstorm2-6-10b.jpg

losangelesstorm2-6-10c.jpg

losangelesstorm2-6-10f.jpg