IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

boy its warm out here for jan

trioderob

Makes sense. When its real cold in FLA it warms up your way. When your cold, we warm up. So get cold! LOL Greg

Begonias are my thing. I've been growing and selling them for three decades, nearly two in Tampa Bay. NPR is an bhour N of St Pete, coast

It's that "little boy" that controls ALL the earths weather, he can't make up his mind what he wants to do, be a boy or a girl!!! :lol:

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD

Going to be warm for a while supposedly.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Simple science. When a low pressure system moves in a corresponding high develops. Since the U.S. landmass is so large conflicting air-masses easily occur. The monster blocking high over Greenland is the primary reason for the icy conditions in the Midwest & East.

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

I always get worried in winter when we get warm weather that is out of the ordinary. It indicates that something isn't right, and the weather will try and average out the situation somehow back to near normal over time. This generally means a warm spell is followed eventually by a cool spell, :( and vice versa of course.

Best regards

Tyrone

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Simple science. When a low pressure system moves in a corresponding high develops. Since the U.S. landmass is so large conflicting air-masses easily occur. The monster blocking high over Greenland is the primary reason for the icy conditions in the Midwest & East.

I thought this topic was about warm weather in California,not icy weather in the midwest and east?? What happened to ALL the talk about el nino affecting Cali's weather???

Edited by gsn

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD

I thought this topic was about warm weather in California,not icy weather in the midwest and east?? What happened to ALL the talk about el nino affecting Cali's weather???

I got sunburned today, if that helps.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

I always get worried in winter when we get warm weather that is out of the ordinary. It indicates that something isn't right, and the weather will try and average out the situation somehow back to near normal over time.

I believe same.

There is always a tendency to regress to the norm.

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

I got sunburned today, if that helps.

It most certanly does NOT! LOL.

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

I thought this topic was about warm weather in California,not icy weather in the Midwest and east?? What happened to ALL the talk about el nino affecting Cali's weather???

The warm weather in the West is a result of the same thing that is causing record cold in the East. The circulation has been radically altered meaning cold air into the South & no rain in the West. Later this month & into February the El Nino influence should kick in again [wet but mild in Texas & Florida & rainfall in California, we hope. :unsure:

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW