IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

ANNUAL PSSC BANQUET

JEFF from Trabuco Canyon CA

ANNUAL PSSC BANQUET

JANUARY 16, 2010

ISLAND PALMS HOTEL, SHELTER ISLAND, SAN DIEGO

12:00 pm

GUEST SPEAKER: RENE COATIVY from FRANCE

LECTURE TOPIC: THE PALMS OF THE SEYCHELLES AND CUBA

GREAT BUFFET MENU, $43 per member

Please mark your calendars and send your check for reservations to: Don Martin,

P.O. Box 1307, Valley Center, CA 92082

Jeff Rood

Thanks for posting this reminder Jeff. I just sent my check today. I assume we make the check out to Palm Society of Southern California, right?

Who's going?

I don't think I've been able to go for the last two years due to work so I'm glad I can make it this year.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

cant make it due to travel plans.

go ahead,have "fun" without me! <_<

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

We can now we can ok.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Hi Matty, Yes, please make it out to the PSSC or Palm Society of Sothern California. See you there.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff Rood

I'm'a be dere . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Can't pay when we get their?

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Get their what?

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Get their what?

You think you are so smart.

So does anyone know if you can pay when you show up their.

:lol:

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

Hi Len, There are only so many seats available and another issue is having enough food for everyone. They usually like having a final count a couple of days before the event. The last few years we always sold out before the day of the banquet. I don't know the max count this year but I can try to find out for you.

Jeff

Jeff Rood

Hi Len, There are only so many seats available and another issue is having enough food for everyone. They usually like having a final count a couple of days before the event. The last few years we always sold out before the day of the banquet. I don't know the max count this year but I can try to find out for you.

Jeff

Just lazy Jeff. I am not sure I can remember how to lick a stamp and seal an envelop anymore.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

Get their what?

I'm still laughing! :lol:

Len,Len,Len......

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Just curious, has anyone seen or heard from BS Man lately? He was going to fly me out there on his airline miles, but now he seems to be avoiding me. :blink: Just asking.....

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Is he going to fly you out there or their? I two would like too go to. :mrlooney:

Just curious, has anyone seen or heard from BS Man lately? He was going to fly me out there on his airline miles, but now he seems to be avoiding me. :blink: Just asking.....

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

This all makes perfect cents to me.

BTW, who dosen't the PSSC have a 'pay online' feature for the banquet?

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Its my alter ego you talk to on the phone every couple days... :P

Plus, YOU'RE the one that flew to Hawaii and got all those miles, not me! BUT, If you do fly out hear from out their, you can stay in my place and I'll have safety rails up! :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

"hear from out their" what???

are you & len a couple,or something?

:floor:

still "warning-free."

cant make it due to travel plans.

go ahead,have "fun" without me! <_<

travel plans ? where to amigo ?

btw, can't make it to the bankwet, I'm moving house, besides, I've seen Rene.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

"hear from out their" what???

are you & len a couple,or something?

:floor:

I'm just following president precedent. :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Just putting the cheque in the male today so it will get their in time. :bemused:

I think I might bring an uncommon palm for the auction too. :huh:

Also, several of us locals assumed (myself included) that since it wasn't at the Catamaran, it was at the Bahia. Its not. Make sure you don't go to the wrong place.

http://www.islandpalms.com/

Oh yeah, I suspect Kim is walking to it. Or at least could if she wanted. :D

It would be nice if they sent a confirmation email. I put a note in with my check specifically requesting an email confirmation of my reservation and have heard nothing.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

That'll do! Thanks Jeff.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Good news: Chargers might play that day.

Bad news: I won't be at the banquet if they do.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

Len- The announcement I heard today is that they will play on the 17th! You're safe, see ya there!

Len- The announcement I heard today is that they will play on the 17th! You're safe, see ya there!

Now the PSSC needs to take PayPal. I won't write checks and lick envelopes. Too lazy.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

palms or football....hmmmm,tough choice.

NOT! :rage:

still "warning-free."

We probably don't have time for the PayPal this year but, I will bring it up to the board. It is a great idea! We are also in transition of webmasters and maybe a new website. Len PM me if you want to go and I will make sure that they have a seat for you. :D

Jeff

Jeff Rood

I just thought I'd remind everyone that parking for this banquet is free!

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Screeeam!

A much better deal than last year!

So, who's coming?

Who wants to carpool from the OC? Or maybe just race . . . . . . :)

Please disregard any errors concerning the date of enrollment on your newsletter - someone apparently made a little too merry during the holidays. Nevertheless, it should be arriving any day now - and the journal too. Make a New Year resolution to drag a newcomer along; if you get six new members, you get a complimentary membership. WHAT A BARGAIN!

I get by with a little help from my fronds

Almost forgot - to go along with our 'Freaky-Tiki' theme, Dave'll be sporting a grass skirt and coconut bikini top

you won't wanna miss it

Almost forgot - to go along with our 'Freaky-Tiki' theme, Dave'll be sporting a grass skirt and coconut bikini top

you won't wanna miss it

LaHoagie and I will be there. Maybe I can convince laHoagie to also wear a grass skirt and coconut bikini top. :winkie: I think she would only do it if the event sells out! So come on people and sign up!

Jack Sayers

East Los Angeles

growing cold tolerant palms halfway between the equator and the arctic circle...

Here's a link that shows the hotel, from a bird's eye view . . . . .

Click on aerial "Bird's eye" view.

If you get boats, scroll south a bit and you'll see it, all the palms around teh pool . . . . .

click here for LINK TO PICTURE OF SHELTER ISLAND HOTEL

The newsletter got it wrong again - January 16, 2009 was a Friday. Good thing we don't edit for content. Never mind - the banquet is a week from this Saturday. Live entertainment - Dave's gonna wow us with his version of Rhinestone Cowboy in hula drag!

OKAY. I'm gonna break this gig/announcement out the 1800's and the pony express method of communication since I got my flyer for this yesterday.

You can CALL Don Martin with C.C. info or to check? at 760-749-0619 or 760-807-5920, or you can EMAIL him at donpalms101@yahoo.com

Hows that? Just moved into the 21st century! :D

But they would like a RSVP by today (the 7th) It also says tickets can be purchased at the door, but I think they are after at head count right now.

See ya there!!!

I want to come, can anyone pay my way? I would be coming from the Fort lauderdale area.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.