IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The coolest little micro-skiff on this side of the Mississippi

www.dadluvsu.com

I just had the pleasure of meeting up with the one and only Harley "Pugar" (sound like boogar with a P :lol: ) Gheen Jr. owner of www.customgheenoe.com and able to check out his vessels and tour his manufacturing facility. These guys turn out one heckuva fine little craft. Customizable with about any option you can fit on a featherlight. I thought I would turn anyone interested on to these fine little craft. Most of em' only need 3 inches of water to float, and 5" fully loaded!!

(Yes, I am a bit zealous today... Anyone notice who won the raffle on his webpage?! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!)

Here's a pic of Pugar with the first Low Tide 25 ever built! Tight lines buddy!

low-tide-25.jpg

Nice little craft, PP. Jesus blessed you by allowing you to win. God really can help mankind if we only ask, and He heard you devout prayers to win the raffle.

Paul

Paul, The Palm Doctor @ http://www.thewisegardener.com

Well!

You gonna take your new bride on a honeymoon cruise through the swamp?

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Nice little craft, PP. Jesus blessed you by allowing you to win. God really can help mankind if we only ask, and He heard you devout prayers to win the raffle.

Paul

wth?

Actually in this case Ken, Paul was right... I got my Mako on consign at the local dealer cause I'm tired of dumping a G every time I go to the fuel docks... Was looking to size down my craft and did pray I'd win! Either way, winning this awesome lil vessel was a blessing. :)

Well!

You gonna take your new bride on a honeymoon cruise through the swamp?

We've got a date with a chickee at Hell's Bay in ENP. ;)

Cool craft. My favorite place to fish is in the marsh in about 1 foot of water. My 19' pre-Katrina bay boat only needed 8" of water to float - now it needs even less since it is just a stripped down hull. About how much does one of those cost without winning a raffle?

I think the base models that his Dad produces at http://www.gheenoe.net/index.html begin with no bells or whistle around $900 ,from there, there are several options in between all the way up to a custom LT25 loaded up with every option, boat motor and trailer, for around $7k.

Neato Bill! I wanna see you and Ken Johnson play chicken on the water now. 75MPH head to head, crabs and fish flyin' everywhere. Ok, a boy can dream can't he?

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Bill, That is one great looking Water Harley! You won the thing in a friggin raffle! That thing looks like Bone Fishing Machine. Watch out for the Flying Fish!

What you look for is what is looking

• 5 weeks later...

Hells Bay Boatworks makes the lightest skiff out there reported to float in 4 inches of water. I miss my Hewes Bonefisher II. It was very reasonable on gas and could top out at 55 mph if needed. My Family life did not afford me to get out in it enough so it was sold. :(

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B