John Case

What's with the new logo?

PatientPalms
Do you have to be a member to suggest something??

Absolutely not! Feel free to offer the services of your other half anytime!

osideterry

Thanks for the compliments. I will play around with the two designs a bit over the weekend (if not sooner) and try suggestions offered.

And.... Yes I had let my IPS membership expire, as a bit of belt-tightening. I just now rejoined online.

(Mr Moderator please install logo/icon)

ariscott
Do you have to be a member to suggest something??

Absolutely not! Feel free to offer the services of your other half anytime!

LOL... yes, I do that quite a bit :lol: I will ask him tonight...

Regards, Ari :)

Kathryn

Great job Terry! And very different from some of the other contributions. Anyone else have something different to share?

Kris

post-1207-1260474450_thumb.jpg

post-662-1260468320_thumb.jpg

These 2 logos looks very beautiful and i like it ! And the second one is more dear to me since it has CIDP fronds in it. :drool:

But i like to add a small clarification here is that the first logo seen here resembles very close to the European palm society,it does look like we have taken the ideas from them..and here is a link to that site ! :huh:

http://www.palmsociety.org.uk/

I see now the logos are very desirable,but even better than this is always welcome.. :rolleyes:

Love,

kris.

By the way friends,all your contributions to the ips logo is very nice & intreasting.Great effort ! :greenthumb:

BS Man about Palms
post-1207-1260474450_thumb.jpg

post-662-1260468320_thumb.jpg

But i like to add a small clarification here is that the first logo seen here resembles very close to the European palm society,it does look like we have taken the ideas from them..and here is a link to that site ! :huh:

http://www.palmsociety.org.uk/

Well, there you go! Can't copy someone else, so a Copernicia frond it is!! :lol: Do it Terry! :)

I also have to say, I thought I would like a pinnate design better, but Terry's fan is great. I think its the "Art Deco" part of me that falls for it.

kahili

To me, the fan palm leaf in Terry's first logo design doesn't look like a Chamaerops leaf, its not divided at the top of the leaf as much as a Chamaerops. It actually looks closer to a Copernicia. The European Palm soc. leaf looks more like a Chamaerops leaf, but I think that Terry's design is so much different that I don't think people will think that its a stolen idea.

I do think that if you take the green out of the logo, that the pinnate leaves in the second design of Terry's would not as easily be recognizable as a palm leaf to the average person because its so thick and bushy. I also think that while its ok to have 'IPS' in the logo, its essential to have 'International Palm Society' written out. Most people won't know what IPS stands for without its being written out.

PatientPalms

This has been a very productive thread! Lots of good thoughts and ideas. Thank you everyone. I think we may have enough submissions at this point to move in a positive direction. I think I would like to leave this thread open for the rest of the weekend in case there are any latecomers that didn't get a chance to share their ideas. Thanks again everyone! :)

Jeff Searle

Good! I'm still working on mine and it's going to be da bomb!! I'll have it ready sometime monday. :blink:

BS Man about Palms
This has been a very productive thread! Lots of good thoughts and ideas. Thank you everyone. I think we may have enough submissions at this point to move in a positive direction. I think I would like to leave this thread open for the rest of the weekend in case there are any latecomers that didn't get a chance to share their ideas. Thanks again everyone! :)

Bill, following that thought, might I suggest "thru Monday" for those that only surf at work and may have been gone this last week.??

PatientPalms

And for those of you who can't get their act together :P , you can email me your ideas anytime from now until April, 2010

william@piouspalms.com

BS Man about Palms

Please note I posted the same time as Jeff and do not know his intentions.

Other than I suspect it would now be ready on Tuesday.

Kris
Please note I posted the same time as Jeff and do not know his intentions.

Other than I suspect it would now be ready on Tuesday.

:lol:

Horace

Thanks for the effort John. I think your design would work great for merchandise. Does it work well in one color?

Jeff Searle

Ok....I was up intil the weee hours last night coming up with my best designs and thoughts. Out of the 20-25 different ones(and they were all very good) these 2 designs are my best. And it was tough! I put 3 different pictures here showing the two best, and as you can tell, it was alot of fun. So, I'm sure I'll be in the running.

PS....Thanks Bill for allowing this late entry.

Jeff

post-23-1260628408_thumb.jpg

post-23-1260628452_thumb.jpg

post-23-1260628495_thumb.jpg

Kris

Okay we have visuals comming from our 007 Jeff...And that was really super fast.

Now lets wait to see what's our Bs Man(Bill) up to ? :hmm:

kris :lol:

Kathryn

Great job Jeff! I think the green bus should be incorporated in your drawings, maybe traveling down a distant road in the background.

John Case
Ok....I was up intil the weee hours last night coming up with my best designs and thoughts. Out of the 20-25 different ones(and they were all very good) these 2 designs are my best. And it was tough! I put 3 different pictures here showing the two best, and as you can tell, it was alot of fun. So, I'm sure I'll be in the running.

Jeff

Things must be quiet in the nursery.....

BS Man about Palms

Jeff

Hmmm. I wonder what dialing that number will get you....

:floor:

PatientPalms

I don't even know what to say Jeff. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... how about - THANKS SOOO MUCH! (we needed some big laughs). :floor:

I think we have all been abused in some manner at this point... now I am certain.

ariscott

My personal artist was too busy on the weekend. We had close to 300mm rain so we were cleaning up, mulching, planting... and doing stuff that gardeners do when everything is growing like weeds, including the weeds... So, I leave it up to all of you to come up with something... Have fun... good job so far.

Regards, Ari :)

Edited by ariscott

PatientPalms

After further consideration, I hereby nominate the photo of Jeff holding the logos to be our logo. (Photo #1 of course, it signifies best what the IPS is all about!)

All those who agree?

AYE! (or AARRRGGH!)

Ken Johnson

Just now read this thread and I can't belive I read the whole thing!

These kinds of society busniness are so laboring that most mortal persons cringe when even thinking about it. I will bet that Billy Boy will have his hands full but a few good times will be had on the way.

I know nothing about design but I do know lots about laughter and some of ya are funny as ship. Even Pivi has some fun with smiley faces?!?

I hope the IPS board gives PT more kudos for helping in yet another novel way.

MattyB

Jeff, that was hilarious!!!!! The look on your face like a kid who's soooo proud of what he's done.

paulgila

i vote for jeff as "king of palmtalk."

for today,at least.

Kim

I like the series, and in the 3rd photo just a teeny...tiny... amount of doubt slips into his facial expression... :lol:B)

MattyB

That's not doubt Kim, that's what's in Jeff's head most of the time....nothing.

Jeff Searle

Wow! Thanks for all the support from the Cali congregation. It sounds like I'm in the running.

William, let me know if you think it needs to be tweaked a little, or if everything looks fine. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Jeff

Kris
"William, let me know if you think it needs to be tweaked a little, or if everything looks fine. Thanks!" :rolleyes:

Jeff

:lol:

freakypalmguy

What's the latest gents?

Matt

PatientPalms

Design team has been assembled, the wheels are in motion... It'll be a few months. Working with groups always takes a bit more time. :)

freakypalmguy

Thanks you Bill.

Succulentum

Bill and his design team will sort through all these posts and select the choices that are the most suitable and attractive. We'll put those choices up for a vote here after they have made that selection. That choice will be presented to the IPS Board of Directors at the Board meeting in Rio de Janeiro on April 17th, 2010. That may seem like a long time from now, and it would also seem like this could be presented via e-mail and a BOD vote taken sooner. All of which is correct. However, the more I see some of these designs, the more I realize that there are some that are such great designs that it would be a shame not to use them. So, even if a particular design isn't picked as a possible new IPS logo, doesn't necessarily mean we're going to discard it. Personally I would like to see IPS merchandise (t-shirts for instance) be available with a few different options, so having several great designs at hand is a good thing in my mind. Also, in order to make a comprehensive and convincing presentation, and not just of a possible new IPS logo, but all of these ideas "packaged" into a specific promotional plan for the IPS, this obviously needs to be done "in person". And the first, and best, opportunity for this will be the BOD meeting in Rio. If we're able to do some "test merchandise" before the BOD meeting I would be very much in favor of that.

Hi Folks,

What's up with new IPS LOGO ?

was some new LOGOs presented to the IPS Board of Directors at the Board meeting in Rio de Janeiro on April 17th, 2010 ?

Succulentum

Bill and his design team will sort through all these posts and select the choices that are the most suitable and attractive. We'll put those choices up for a vote here after they have made that selection. That choice will be presented to the IPS Board of Directors at the Board meeting in Rio de Janeiro on April 17th, 2010. That may seem like a long time from now, and it would also seem like this could be presented via e-mail and a BOD vote taken sooner. All of which is correct. However, the more I see some of these designs, the more I realize that there are some that are such great designs that it would be a shame not to use them. So, even if a particular design isn't picked as a possible new IPS logo, doesn't necessarily mean we're going to discard it. Personally I would like to see IPS merchandise (t-shirts for instance) be available with a few different options, so having several great designs at hand is a good thing in my mind. Also, in order to make a comprehensive and convincing presentation, and not just of a possible new IPS logo, but all of these ideas "packaged" into a specific promotional plan for the IPS, this obviously needs to be done "in person". And the first, and best, opportunity for this will be the BOD meeting in Rio. If we're able to do some "test merchandise" before the BOD meeting I would be very much in favor of that.

Hi Folks,

What's up with new IPS LOGO ?

were some new LOGOs presented to the IPS Board of Directors at the Board meeting in Rio de Janeiro on April 17th, 2010 ?

nobody who was there can answer me ?