IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Great quotes

_Keith

In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds. ~Robert Green Ingersoll

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

-Grorge Burns

Beer is the proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

-Benjamin Franklin

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to kep your mouth shout.

-Ernest Hemingway

A oman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.

-W.C. Fields

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the mornig, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

-Frank Sinatra

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death - even vegetarians. ~Spock from Star Trek

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." - Charles Wadsworth.

"Behind every successful man is a surprised mother-in-law."

:)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Man comes into this world with nothing, and leaves with only his word.

-My Father

________________________________________________________________________________

Nick L

Nice coastal influence at 32 43'26.88"N 116 59'01.52"W elev. 829

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

-Grorge Burns

Beer is the proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

-Benjamin Franklin

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to kep your mouth shout.

-Ernest Hemingway

A oman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.

-W.C. Fields

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the mornig, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

-Frank Sinatra

God invented whisky to keep the Irish from taking over the earth.

Mexican proverb:

He who drinks gets drunk, he who gets drunk falls asleep, he who sleeps does not sin; he who does not sin goes to heaven; so let's all drink and go to heaven!

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

To go green, you gotta go brown.

Mike Rowe, mucking a cowstall on 'Dirty Jobs'

John Case

Brentwood CA

You're killin me, Smalls.....

Movie, 'The Sandlot'

John Case

Brentwood CA

"to live outside the law, you must be honest"

Bob Dylan

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon ??? "

Emperor Palpatine to Darth Vader (Robot Chicken)

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

• 10 months later...

"The lamps are going out all over Europe. We shall not see them lit again in our time."

attributed to Sir Edward Grey

Philip Wright

Sydney southern suburbs

Frost-free within 20 km of coast

"The face that launched a thousand ships"

Christopher Marlowe, referring to Helen of Troy

Philip Wright

Sydney southern suburbs

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"

Alexander Pope

Philip Wright

Sydney southern suburbs

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Dylan Thomas

Philip Wright

Sydney southern suburbs

Remember now..Be here now

George Harrison

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well-developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyind their capacity to undetake analytical thought. - Peter Medawar

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

So much well spoken wisdom! Since this is a plant forum, I'll add a few nuggets from an old naturalist, John Muir, 1838 - 1914:

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."

"When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty."

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."

I like John Muir!

Once at yosemity valley a tourist asked him what he should see in the valley? John asked him how much time he has to check out the valley. He told John 1 hour. John repied, do see that rock 10 yards from us? He replied yes! John said if I had one hour to see this valley I would go over there and sit on that rock, put my head in my hands and then just start crying!!!

John Muir!

test

One is closer to God's heart in a garden

Than anywhere else on Earth . . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Seize the day

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Winston Churchill is known for many quotes and was a statesman with great wit and Lady Astor was the first woman to hold a seat at the House of Commons. I am not sure what the exact context this exchange between the rival politicians was made, but of all the things Churchill was known for saying this "ultimate zing" is my favorite:

Lady Astor VS William Churchill

Lady Astor once told Churchill: "If you were my husband, I'd poison your coffee."

Churchill replied: "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

Churchill to Lady Astor: (paraphrased) "Madam, I may be a drunkard but you are ugly. Tomorrow I will be sober."

W. C. Fields: I never drink water, fish fornicate in it!

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Hmm.

WC Fields, in a movie conversation with a lady:

"Oh, it must be hard to lose your mother-in-law."

"Yessh. Almosht imposshible . ... "

"It took me all my life to draw like a child"

Picaso

Classic.

• Upvote 1

Winston Churchill is known for many quotes and was a statesman with great wit and Lady Astor was the first woman to hold a seat at the House of Commons. I am not sure what the exact context this exchange between the rival politicians was made, but of all the things Churchill was known for saying this "ultimate zing" is my favorite:

Lady Astor VS William Churchill

Lady Astor once told Churchill: "If you were my husband, I'd poison your coffee."

Churchill replied: "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

Churchill to Lady Astor: (paraphrased) "Madam, I may be a drunkard but you are ugly. Tomorrow I will be sober."

W. C. Fields: I never drink water, fish fornicate in it!

Well, I never,,,,,

"Staring at myself - I turned to question me"

"I wonder do I want the simple, simple life that I once lived in so well" - Dave Matthews ~ Proudest Monkey

"I'll ride the wave where it takes me - release me" - Eddie Vedder ~ Release

This data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall the providers be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from lost data or lost profits or revenue, the costs of recovering such data, the costs of substitute data, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use the data. Other terms may apply.

"There were three of us in this marriage lately so it was a bit crowded."

Diana, Prince of Wales

KPL

• Upvote 1

Enjoying MY home and garden in Leilani Estates, "K.P. Lundkvist Palm Garden"

"control is the enemy of pleasure" jason baker

Jason Baker

Central coastal Portugal

Zone 10a, 1300mm rain

warm-temperate, oceanic climate

looking for that exotic tropical island look

Dogs are better than husbands. More loyal and they die sooner.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

"There were three of us in this marriage lately so it was a bit crowded."

Diana, Prince of Wales :blink:

KPL

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B