IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

the official "mattyb & paul in south florida" thread

paulgila

haha stephen colbert was wearing a suit that had the same crotch "outlining" last night on the colbert report when he was trying to join the USA olympic bobsledding team. :floor:

your use of it here is just disturbing. :bemused:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Really.

You had to pick THAT picture to go forward onto page 9?

:bemused: is the right look, but not the right word.....

I am scarred and scared.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Well I took one glance at that thumbnail and no way was I clicking on it for a larger version.

I did NOT

didn't

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Dang Bradford. All that just to get to page 9. What horrible thing are you gonna do at your twins expense to get to page 10?

What you look for is what is looking

Dang Bradford. All that just to get to page 9. What horrible thing are you gonna do at your twins expense to get to page 10?

That's why I always go to the last page first. :winkie:

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Come On............page 9

Nice going, Goober. I knew it was only a matter of time. BTW, who's the dude in the tights? A relative? Kind of looks like a real young Dean back in his day. :lol:

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Oh no, don't mention the twins Bubba! That info is for PM's only along with Dick's stories.

So far the Cali peeps have been nothing but charming and I look forward to the next visit from any palm nuts.

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

Someone asked a very interesting question about the exact DNA status of BS's Triplet Ranch Hands that was never appropriately answered. In your explanation of this perplexing issue posed by the triplets, I only ask that you shelter your eyes from Post 329.

What you look for is what is looking

Really.

You had to pick THAT picture to go forward onto page 9?

:bemused: is the right look, but not the right word.....

I am scarred and scared.

I am fearless.

I clicked on it.

No Nureyev, for sure...

I must add, this topic has wandered w...a.....y...... o....f....f.............

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

We were never 'on' as far as I can tell, Kim.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

We were never 'on' as far as I can tell, Kim.

Don't deny it MattyB. I was sure you were 'on' something. Salmonella? Shigella? E. coli?

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I've had to apply some selective surgery to a post or two, and need to remind you folks (as it is being suggested to me), that this is The International Palm Society Forum. I haven't found much in the way of the scientific and educational advancement of palms in the last page and a half.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Yes Mr. Mod you are correct.

In keeping with the IPS theme I can't wait for more members to travel to South Florida to see what's goin on down here. The SFPS members are always excited to entertain members from around the world even if it means swimming, eating and sleeping with palms. We do it all here.

BTW pix take up lots of space so if page 10 is in the works we will need more.

Got any blurry ones M or P?

Like this?

post-50-1260844578_thumb.jpg

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

Yes Mr. Mod you are correct.

In keeping with the IPS theme I can't wait for more members to travel to South Florida to see what's goin on down here. The SFPS members are always excited to entertain members from around the world even if it means swimming, eating and sleeping with palms. We do it all here.

BTW pix take up lots of space so if page 10 is in the works we will need more.

Got any blurry ones M or P?

Like this?

Ahh ha. I knew there were more pictures. There are always more pictures, just not the ones you want people to see.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

• 3 years later...

...and.....bump

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

So, thats why you guys got 18 thousand hits. First time I saw this thread, thanks

for the bump.

Oh gosh, here we go again! One thing I noticed, I haven't aged a bit. :winkie:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 1 month later...

That's gonna really suck to have to delete my pics.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

:sick:

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 2 years later...

Need to do a updated visit...heres the double coconut...pushing its 3rd frond...new spear too.

112.JPG

• Like 1

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

Wow Mike! Your Lodoicea has really grown since I saw it 2 years ago! Gorgeous!

Cindy Adair

Doesn't matter so much down in Miami, but recent winters have bee mild; very good for palms.  Of course we're seeing low air fares to Puerto Rico for August and JetBlue might offer low fares to Cuban cities other than Havana in September.   

Fla. climate center: 100-119 days>85 F
USDA 1990 hardiness zone 9B
Current USDA hardiness zone 10a
4 km inland from Indian River; 27º N (equivalent to Brisbane)

Central Orlando's urban heat island may be warmer than us

• 4 years later...
On 7/11/2016 at 4:55 PM, waykoolplantz said:

Kyle in the Corypha

image.jpg

Dr Kyle will be stopping by tomorrow...a farewell to S Fla for now tour...as  he heads to Hawaii for a year stint at a hospital.

Since the last two Talipots Kyle has climbed...mine an Fairchilds'...were both lost in hurricanes...Kyle has been banned from climbing.

Cancel Culture !

• Like 2

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

• 3 months later...

Wow this was a fun thread, back when PT seemed to be less business and members were more inclined to joke around. PC culture is good for noone haha 

T J 

• Like 1

T J 

And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Hope all's well with alla'yall.

• Upvote 1

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 11:06 AM, waykoolplantz said:

Dr Kyle will be stopping by tomorrow...a farewell to S Fla for now tour...as  he heads to Hawaii for a year stint at a hospital.

Since the last two Talipots Kyle has climbed...mine an Fairchilds'...were both lost in hurricanes...Kyle has been banned from climbing.

Cancel Culture !

woah those leaves are giant!

• Like 1