IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Who Dat?

Kathryn

What a great game! I can't talk anymore, but I can still type.

The Saints are coming, the Saints are coming . . . .

post-158-1255912241_thumb.jpg

Perfect lunch - seafood gumbo and crawfish pie

post-158-1255912305_thumb.jpg

Future Saintsations!

post-158-1255912344_thumb.jpg

The Wave - on it's third or fourth way around.

post-158-1255912385_thumb.jpg

Gaints fans were looking a little sorry about now.

post-158-1255912438_thumb.jpg

Kathryn, Got to give it up for the Saints! Looks like they may be breezing towards the Super Bowl. You folks from Nawlins know how to celebrate and have a good time.

What you look for is what is looking

Kathryn, Got to give it up for the Saints! Looks like they may be breezing towards the Super Bowl. You folks from Nawlins know how to celebrate and have a good time.

Bubba - It looks like you were having a good time too (maybe too good)..you hit the button twice!

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

It was a real pleasure watching the Saints school those NY Giants. :floor: * :badday:

Oh - and the Jets twice getting beaten within 6 days, priceless! :floor: * :yay: * :violin:

Ron. :lol:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Kathryn - Your Saints kicked the butt of my Dolphins. To be be down 21 points and maintaining their composure and win tells me that these Saints are the real deal! :rolleyes:

Ron. :crying:

The Saints didn't show up for the first half of the game. I'm glad they pulled it together for the second half. They need to be more consistent to be the real deal.

I noticed that the stadium wasn't very full during the third quarter (I listened to the first half on the radio). Are the Dolphins having low attendance?

Kathryn, Attendance was about 66,500. I think that is better than average for the Finns. The Stadium holds over 75,000. Well you gave us some hope and then broke our hearts!

I always liked Drew Breeze, and felt he got the shaft from San Diego management. We are extremely lucky Philip Rivers turned out to be as good as he is (what if he'd been another Ryan Leaf?)

I'm rooting for the Chargers of course, but the only other team I'm following is New Orleans. Success is the best revenge... Go Drew!

Edited by osideterry

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

I pull for the Finns but have always liked the Chargers. I now pull also for the Vikings because of Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson and what is that QB's name?

lol well Kathryn-looks like its our turn this week to face the Saints. This could either be a good game or one I don't want to watch-depending on which Delhomme shows up. Someone (Fox) needs to get him a full time psychologist to help him get over these mental breakdowns he's having. Peppers looks good this year, as do Williams and Stewart.

• 3 weeks later...
Well - the Jets lost again! I really love typing this. :lol:

Well - the Jets :violin: lost to New England today! I really love typing this. :lol:

Back on Topic: Kathryn I said a month ago in this thread that the Saints seem to be the real deal.

They are 10 - 0 now Kathryn and a little gloating from you is in order! God knows as a Saints fan you have suffered in the past! Congratulations! :yay:

The Saints are GOOD! My poor Bucs got a beat down today. Three TD passes and 185 yds rushing.I think they will go deep in the playoffs for the first time. Maybe all the way.

I don't even what to say it or think about it, but I'm already checking airfare to Miami. I've been a long time season ticket holder and can't believe where we are right now. I thought Tampa would be a little tougher since they have been a good rival, but they didn't look too good today and the Saints looked great. But you never know what can happen any given Sunday.

Kathryn, I think the "Perfect Season Dolphins" are starting to get a little nervous!

Kathryn,

You better start worrying about my Chargers. We are on a roll. And if we meet up, we will know your quarterback very well, we "gave" him to you after keeping the better one. :)

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

post-158-1255912544_thumb.jpg post-158-1255912565_thumb.jpg

Yes, that's the projects in the background. A little bit of a rough area, but the parking is great!

What tipped you off?

A. The projects in the background.

B. The white zinfandel with ice cubes.

C. The driver wearing the bullet proof vest.

D. All of the above.

E. I can't read.

You make the call :huh:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Kathryn,

You better start worrying about my Chargers. We are on a roll. And if we meet up, we will know your quarterback very well, we "gave" him to you after keeping the better one. :)

But wait, you always boast about leaving California. Are these the Hawaiian Chargers?

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Kathryn,

But wait, you always boast about leaving California. Are these the Hawaiian Chargers?

Born and spent the first 50+ years in San Diego. Besides, they couldn't get along without me.

One of the few things I do miss about California. But satellite HD TV has helped in that regard.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Geez. They ran all over the Bucs this past weekend...

Good team. No doubt.

GO BUCS! :floor:

Brandon, FL

27.95°N 82.28°W (Elev. 62 ft)

Zone9 w/ canopy

Kathryn - I would love to see your Saints make it to the Super Bowl. If you come down we could make it into another famous South Florida PRA! :drool:

Ron. :)

I want the Saints to do well. Just do not want them to unsurp the 1972 Dolphins Undefeated Season. Come on guys... time to drop one. :blink:

I was really worried during those first few drives, but then the Saints were awesome! I had a feeling, that tonights gonna be a good night, that tonights gonna be a good good night. :)

Amazing performance! :yay:

The Saints rock. They are a very good team. I'll root for any team that plays any New England team. Brees is also a very nice guy. When he was with the Chargers he used to come to our street to get worked on by his chiropractor (who is a neighbor of mine). He would play football in the cul de sac with my kids and sign autographs. Very down to earth guy.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Yeah yeah John, and Neil Armstrong used to come to my street to play space ship in the driveway and would share all his freeze dried food with the neighbor kids. Stop bragging.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

The Saints rock. They are a very good team. I'll root for any team that plays any New England team. Brees is also a very nice guy. When he was with the Chargers he used to come to our street to get worked on by his chiropractor (who is a neighbor of mine). He would play football in the cul de sac with my kids and sign autographs. Very down to earth guy.

Then San Diego got rid of him? I wanted the Dolphins to draft him, our mistake too. :(

Aww, man! That elbow was down!!! Can't overturn that! :o

Oh well, at least the Redskins are still on track for a good draft pick and the Saints are on track for home-field advantage....

zone 7a (Avg. max low temp 0 to 5 F, -18 to -15 C), hot humid summers

Avgs___Jan__Feb__Mar__Apr__May__Jun__Jul__Aug__Sep__Oct__Nov__Dec

High___44___49___58___69___78___85___89___87___81___70___59___48

Low____24___26___33___42___52___61___66___65___58___45___36___28

Precip_3.1__2.7__3.6__3.0__4.0__3.6__3.6__3.6__3.8__3.3__3.2__3.1

Snow___8.1__6.2__3.4__0.4__0____0____0____0____0____0.1__0.8__2.2

A man had 50 yard line tickets for a NEW ORLEANS SAINTS game. As he sits down, another man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.

"No," he says, "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the SAINTS, having their best se...ason ever and not use it or sell it?"

He says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first SAINTS game we haven't been to together since we got married in 1987."

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that.. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative or even a neighbor to take the

seat?".

The man shakes his head.

"Nope they're all at the funeral!"

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

The Saints continue to march. They always seem to find a way to prevail. :rolleyes:

With no big egos in the way, this is a real team! :drool:

I want the Saints to do well. Just do not want them to unsurp the 1972 Dolphins Undefeated Season. Come on guys... time to drop one. :blink:

I don't think you have anything to worry about; I doubt we will finish the season undefeated. Once we clench the home field advantage for the playoffs, in comes the second string so various injuries can heal. We've given up the most points when Scott Fujita isn't playing. It's not just his plays but the leadership he brings to the defense when he's on the field. We have some good running backs and are fine when Reggie Bush or Mike Bell isn't playing, but we don't want both of them out at the same time.

Out

CB Jabari Greer (groin)

Did Not Participate In Practice

LB Scott Fujita (knee)

RB Mike Bell (knee)

LB Marvin Mitchell (hamstring)

CB Tracy Porter (knee)

Limited Participation

TE Jeremy Shockey (hamstring)

RB Reggie Bush (knee)

T Jermon Bushrod (thumb)

TE Darnell Dinkins (foot)

DT Sedrick Ellis (knee)

G Jahri Evans (toe)

CB Randall Gay (hamstring)

C Jonathan Goodwin (ankle)

RB Lynell Hamilton (shoulder)

DE Bobby McCray (knee)

WR Lance Moore (ankle/hamstring)

LB Jonathan Vilma (knee)

S Usama Young (hip/calf)

:blink: With the Saints and Colts still undefeated, I am getting nervous about the 1972 Dolphins undefeated record! :unsure: