IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

"Spear Row" and pics for Kris..

BS Man about Palms

Noticed this at dusk last night.

post-27-1253586700_thumb.jpg

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

In case you couldn't quite make that out....

This morning shows Dypsis OCWS (prestoniana) in front, Gigas next, the Queen in back..

Wonder if they'll ever line up that way again?? :huh:

post-27-1253586741_thumb.jpg

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

And then I saw this while working at my last house in La Jolla today... (Sorry Kris, you'll have to click on it! :P )

post-27-1253586886_thumb.jpg

And if you just move back up the hill a bit from the driveway and to the pool area, you see this.... :D See, I can like Washys too!

post-27-1253586976_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, I guess those would be some of those tall ones someone was looking for a while back.... :blink:

And if you just move back up the hill a bit from the driveway and to the pool area, you see this.... :D See, I can like Washys too!

Holy moly, there is over 100 washies in that pic alone. Really cool shot.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Actually, now that I look at that pic again, there is over 200 washies, maybe 300, and if you look really closely, you can see Matty and Pohono nude sunbathing/spooning on the beach.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Actually, now that I look at that pic again, there is over 200 washies, maybe 300, and if you look really closely, you can see Matty and Pohono nude sunbathing/spooning on the beach.

:bemused:

And then I saw this while working at my last house in La Jolla today... (Sorry Kris, you'll have to click on it! :P )

Dear Bill :)

Thanks very much for that visual and i just love it ! :drool: And by the way i can click on anything just get a glimpse of my favouriate beauty(CIDP) :mrlooney::yay:

Lots of love to you,

Kris :winkie:

love conquers all..

43278.gif

How can you sunbathe and spoon at the same time? Come on Matt, we were just plain spooning.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Noticed this at dusk last night.

i noticed that it was getting dark at about that time,too. :blink:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

How can you sunbathe and spoon at the same time? Come on Matt, we were just plain spooning.

You know, it's called "Vert Spooning" (from the X games) using an egg timer for rotation purposes.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Different angle on the 2nd in line in the "spear row".

post-27-1253996218_thumb.jpg

getting there...

post-27-1254522938_thumb.jpg

Fabulous views from that housing site.... always enjoy seeing the abundance of Washy's and Phx in S.Cal ! Jv

Jv in San Antonio Texas / Zone 8/extremes past 29 yrs: 117F (47.2C) / 8F (-13.3C)

Post 3 & 4, those are awesome shots. You know a palm is happy when it is perfectly green (without even a scrap of yellow or brown), not to mention the scenery. The spear opening is neat too, I like the pic on post 17.

Woodville, FL

zone 8b