IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New Braunfels, Texas

NBTX11

Here is an example of what I see around town.  Been a while since I posted pictures, so I hope I am getting this correctly.  Test, 1,2,3...

Palm1.jpg

If this test works, I'll post the rest.

Palm12.jpg

Those are great pix, and it looks as though NB is making progress at being properly palmed!

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

We're getting there.  I've even done some covert planting to make sure there are more palms to be seen.

Hey question for you North Texas Washy growers.  Do you guys have very many mature Washys up there (30' +).  I was up in Killeen/Ft. Hood area the other day, and I saw some mature washys - should have taken photos.  Normally I don't start seeing them until I get to the Georgetown/Round Rock area coming south on I-35.

Great BBQ and now palms...God Blessed Texas

If global warming means I can grow Cocos Nucifera, then bring it on....

...with His own hand

Brought down angels from the promise land

Gave em' a place where they could dance

If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance

I've been sent to spread the message

God bless Texas!!

"Hey, everyone, it's KCBM, Sexas Titty, I MEAN Texas City!"

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hi Jim  :)

those pictures are great for a camera phone,and it had few of

my favouriates Palms too_

Washingtonia Filifera.

Canary isalnd date palm.

Nice location & neat landscaping are seen in those pictures.

And Texas is great.

Love,

Kris(India).

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Nice to see healthy syagus/queen.

"Damaged at 25F/-4C but has recovered from 16F/-9C freezes"
- Sunset.  Seems like a good choice for San Antonio.  :P

Los Angeles/Pasadena

34° 10' N   118° 18' W

Elevation: 910'/278m

January Average Hi/Lo: 69F/50F

July Average Hi/Lo: 88F/66F

Average Rainfall: 19"/48cm

USDA 11/Sunset 23

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?MTW

Happ, queens are showing up in frequent numbers around here.  Although if we ever get another 89 type freeze or even close to it, I am sure they will be toast.  Hopefully that will not happen for a long, long, long time.  They do fine in our average winters.  I didn't see any that were harmed in the least last year when we got down to about 24F.

Kris, thanks, I figured you would like the CIDP pics.  They are hardy here and do very well.  I love the look of a mature CIDP.  I have one, but it is still small, planted from a 5 gallon about a year ago.  Can't wait until it gets big and starts putting on some trunk.

Take care!

Jim,

Great pics.  I was in San Antonio recently and very much enjoyed it.  The palms along the riverwalk were quite impressive.  I think my favorite though, was a giant pinnate palm on the grounds of the Alamo.  Looked like a CIDP to me, but I'm kind of a palm rookie so I can't say definitively.  It was behind a small library there.  I think the library was for the Women of The Revolution?

Steve Johnson

Northeast of Atlanta, GA  

Zone 7b

Perfect weather for humans, borderline for palms

Yeah, I'll be in downtown SA today.  Some of the best palm viewing is downtown by the riverwalk area/Alamo area.  May have been a CIDP because there are plenty of those around.  I've seen other phoenix around too.