IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Yanbu , Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

weldertom

As it is very difficult to photograph here.... I bring you one specimen so far....

post-492-1250328435_thumb.jpg

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

Dry dock near Yanbu fish market

post-492-1250329781_thumb.jpg

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

It says "Yanbu Sword" .....

post-492-1250331235_thumb.jpg

Weldertom, Looking forward for more shots. I hope you did not forget your Red Cape!

What you look for is what is looking

great shots! cant wait to see more!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Looks like somebody made a mistake when they planted their avenue of date palms... :lol: Those conditions look tough.

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Yeah, they should have stuck with all Hyphane. It looks happy.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

"Weldertom, Camel Whisperer"

post-492-1250658530_thumb.jpg

Daryl,

Every once and a while, Date palms branch and push out fan leaves instead of pinnate... I thought you knew that! ;)

More thirsty Palms. Most Palms you see here ( except out in the desert) are artificially watered. These are no exception.

post-492-1250929072_thumb.jpg

I like to have fell off my camel when I saw this. This Suit is VERY Elvis. CAme with matching trousers.

200 Riyal ( about 52 dollars US ) will get you the distinction of "Best Dressed" at the next party you attend....

post-492-1250929304_thumb.jpg

It is said T.E. Lawrence ( Lawrence of Arabia) stayed in the old part of Yanbu when he made his name in this part of Arabia. I have walked among the old abandoned buildings here - handmade brick,palm leaves, and cedar posts covered with stucco- and imagined ( as I did when I was a boy) what it may have been like for him. I think I will have to put on my thobe and gotra ( the long white robe and head covering) and take a walk in the old market to get closer to that ............( I have the outfit and have worn it from time to time... and when unshaven, I can generally get around without much notice. It is not until I have to reply in Arabic theat my cover is blown...lol)

post-492-1250930105_thumb.jpg

Well, I just can't get enough of wooden boats... This one has been in dry dock since I have been here ( Apr 2009) and I have watched the overhaul progress each week. Nice trawler, don't you think?

post-492-1250930306_thumb.jpg

I like hand carved things. To me it is one of the higher forms of Man's expression. Here are some hand carved mast and jib poles stored under a dry docked Wooden Dhow.

post-492-1250930854_thumb.jpg

Dear Tom :)

Nice coverage,and can you please find out or take stills of the Split A/C they use there.And the Air in your apartment & hotels,office you visit.

Since friends here who have visited middle-east & arabia tell me that in the entire place folks use O General (fujistu general).And its believed that its a extreme unit.And does not care the out heat at all ? :hmm: Can you shed some light on it please !

Since globally Daikin is supposed to be premium Air con for residencial use,Then why folks are in for this O G model is bit baffeling.

Thanks & Love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Nice coverage,and can you please find out or take stills of the Split A/C they use there.And the Air in your apartment & hotels,office you visit.

Since friends here who have visited middle-east & arabia tell me that in the entire place folks use O General (fujistu general).And its believed that its a extreme unit.And does not care the out heat at all ? :hmm: Can you shed some light on it please !

Since globally Daikin is supposed to be premium Air con for residencial use,Then why folks are in for this O G model is bit baffeling.

Thanks & Love,

Kris -

The units I see here are ZAMIL "Classic Ultra Plus" . They are in our construction trailers as well as my apartment at the compound

They indeed are split units - I had not seen these before I came here. I'll see if I can get you some pictures.

Thanks for the super fast reply and iam eager to know more on that country's Air conditioners.And by the way what power voltage do that country adopt ? i.e is it 110 volts or 220 volts for regular usage ?

Thanks & Love,

love conquers all..

43278.gif