IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Coconuts!

ruskinPalms

Took a little trip down to the "tropics" to celebrate my wife's birthday. Couldn't help but take some pictures while waiting

for my family to arrive at the restaurant

The restaurant (Sharky's):

IMG_0933Large.jpg

Looking up:

IMG_0921Large.jpg

Parrish, FL

Zone 9B

Very nice.  The "tropics" are alive and well.

Ray

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

I forgot about Sharky's (it's been so long) - Thanks!

Tom
Mid-Pinellas (St. Petersburg) Florida, USA

Member of Palm Society 1973-2012
Gizella Kopsick Palm Arboretum development 1977-1991
Chapter President 1983-84
Palm Society Director 1984-88

Rob! You came down to Venice and didn't say hi!  :laugh:

If this was yesterday you may have seen me speeding around on my new motorcycle (red crotch rocket with blue helmet).

I was not at the restaurant, but at the beach next to it with a ladyfriend.

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

hi ruskin,

the pictures are terrefic,Please convey my regards and best wishes to you wife. I should admit that other than gardening my other favouriate pass time is photography.

and visiting picture gallery's of proffessional photographers.

you seem to handle you machine like a pro does.since you have

taken pains in getting the proper angles and your pictures do not have a pinch of glare_Good Work !

without that U.S flag and american cars in your pictures, one could easily think is some remote beach location in thailand,

malayasia or papua & new guenie..

your pictures show how healthy those cocos nuciferas are and the sabal palmetto's are also looking great.

For the benifit of members i request you all to share as to which digital camera was used to shoot the above pic.

One Man One Tree !

Love,

Kris (to all my friends out their).

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Very nice pics. I can almost smell the salt air. Love the seagrape too.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter

Great pix!

And hope your wife had a happy birthday, even if you got a little palm-crazy . . .

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hey all,

Thanks for the compliments and my wife did have a nice birthday at the beach! Kris, I am by no means a professional photographer. The camera in question is a Canon Powetshot A80, an older 4 megapixel digital camera. It really is idiot proof and takes nice pictures so I guess that is why the pics turned out nice...plus they are pictures of palms which always helps!

Bill

Parrish, FL

Zone 9B

This is proof that coconuts can be grown in Californian micro-climates!

What you look for is what is looking

(bubba @ Jul. 18 2006,17:30)

This is proof that coconuts can be grown in Californian micro-climates!

I think you might be talking about the wrong Venice.

Coastal San Diego, California

Z10b

Dry summer subtropical/Mediterranean

warm summer/mild winter