IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free seeds

Jeff in St Pete

Last time I went to the States, I purchased a 10-pack of small bubblewrap cushioned mailers. I thought these would be the perfect size for mailing small quantities of seeds :). I collected fresh palm seeds the other day and since I have some extras, I would like to offer them to other forum members. I can send out 10 packets of seeds. Please see my thread in the main forum for photos of the palms Click Here

I would rather keep this simple, so please choose only one species (by number) and I will mail you 10 seeds. Send me a PM with your name, address, and the species of your choice. If I get 10 responses, I will post and let everyone know when all the seeds are gone.

Choices:

1. Socratea exorrhiza - beautiful stilt root palm with blue-ish/grey crownshaft

Post 11 and Post 28

2. Neonicholsonia watsonii - shade loving palm, no real trunk to speak of, but it has long fronds that grow upright.

Post 16

3. Bactris - not sure of the species, but it's a nice ornamental looking palm with spines (not super spiny).

Post 4 and 5

4. Chamaedorea - not sure of species. It features wide ruffled leaflets and a very wide terminal leaf.

Post 12 and 13

5. Big leafed palm - I still don't know what this palm is. I didn't collect many of these seeds, but I can spare two lots of 10 - first come, first served.

Post 1 and 2

• Upvote 1

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica

Hello all,

I've received 4 orders so far, I still have 6 packets left to fill. There's also 10 of the large leafed palm seeds remaining.

Last time I went to the States, I purchased a 10-pack of small bubblewrap cushioned mailers. I thought these would be the perfect size for mailing small quantities of seeds :). I collected fresh palm seeds the other day and since I have some extras, I would like to offer them to other forum members. I can send out 10 packets of seeds. Please see my thread in the main forum for photos of the palms Click Here

I would rather keep this simple, so please choose only one species (by number) and I will mail you 10 seeds. Send me a PM with your name, address, and the species of your choice. If I get 10 responses, I will post and let everyone know when all the seeds are gone.

Choices:

Post 11 and Post 28

2. Neonicholsonia watsonii - shade loving palm, no real trunk to speak of, but it has long fronds that grow upright.

Post 16

3. Bactris - not sure of the species, but it's a nice ornamental looking palm with spines (not super spiny).

Post 4 and 5

4. Chamaedorea - not sure of species. It features wide ruffled leaflets and a very wide terminal leaf.

Post 12 and 13

5. Big leafed palm - I still don't know what this palm is. I didn't collect many of these seeds, but I can spare two lots of 10 - first come, first served.

Post 1 and 2

Jim

One mile west of Biscayne Bay

and two miles north of Fairchild Tropical Garden

Miami, Florida

- Avg. Relative Humid: 72%

- Subtropical Zone 10B

- Summer Averages(May-October): Avg. Max/Min 87F/75F

- Winter Averages (Nov-April): Max/Min 78F/63F

- Record High: 98F

- Record Low: 30F

- Rain: 56 inches per year

Choices:

Post 11 and Post 28

Post 16

Post 4 and 5

Post 12 and 13

Post 1 and 2

Jeff,

Thanks for your extremem generosity. I would love to try the "Big Leafed Palm" 5440 SW 87 Street, Miami, FL 33143

Thanks again, Jim

Jim

Miami, Florida

- Subtropical Zone 10B

No problem Jim, I'll send them out this week after they have been cleaned and dried.

5 packets remaining. The big leaf seeds are gone, but I still have the first 4 species left.

gyuseppe, I responded to your PM. Please send me your address.

Only two packets remaining. The big leaf and the Chamaedorea are gone. I still have:

1. Socratea

2. Neonicholsonia

3. Bactris

All 10 orders have been filled. I will send the seeds later this week.

Thanks Jeff! :greenthumb:

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

just sent PM. Thanks

Hari

Choices:

Post 11 and Post 28

Post 16

Post 4 and 5

Post 12 and 13

Post 1 and 2

All 10 packets of cleaned and dried seeds have been mailed. Please let me know if everyone receives them ok.

• 2 weeks later...
No problem Jim, I'll send them out this week after they have been cleaned and dried.

5 packets remaining. The big leaf seeds are gone, but I still have the first 4 species left.

Jeff,

I recieved the seeds today, no issues. :)

Thanks a million,

Jim

Jim

Miami, Florida

- Subtropical Zone 10B

Thanks Jeff, Just checked the mail, arrived nice and safe! Randy

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Hi Jeff, if you ever get some more seeds from that divine palm in post 1 put my name on the waiting list.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

Thanks a lot Jeff, your seeds arrived OK.

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Hi Jeff, if you ever get some more seeds from that divine palm in post 1 put my name on the waiting list.

Peachy

Peachy, I have some more of those seeds coming soon. I would be happy to send you some. I'll let you know when I get them.

Beware though, this is a spiny palm!

jeff Today I arrived your seeds of chamaedorea pinnatiformis,

thank you jeff

(I'm trying to send a private message to you, but the message does not start!)

GIUSEPPE