IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free Seeds

Lucinda

I have a bunch of already-germinated Carpentaria acuminata seeds that I'll gladly send to those who want to try them. And I'll even pay the postage (US).

There's probably 100 or so to divide among the first five requesters. Carpies grow fast and should be good for developing canopy fairly quickly. These are perishable... so PM me by Saturday. After that, they go in the compost pile.

Lucinda M.

• Upvote 2

PM sent

Thanks

________________________________________________________________________________

Nick L

Nice coastal influence at 32 43'26.88"N 116 59'01.52"W elev. 829

Carpentaria seeds are in the mail to: Scott, Jasen, Brett, Mike, Nick, Timothy, Peter and someone in Palm Beach whose address I received, but no name.

Still to ship: Tropiman (no address), Don B (no address). and Simona. USPS says they'll arrive Monday or Tuesday. Zeeth lives nearby and plans to pick his up in person.

Many thanks to those of you who offered to reciprocate with seeds of your own. Not necessary but greatly appreciated.

The mailing experience was an eye-opener and much more time consuming than I expected. Blessings on those like PiousP, Christian, Lou Thomas and Ortanique who do it everyday.

Lucinda

Hello Lucinda, I received my seeds today and I wanted to thank you again for your kindness and generosity for sending them out to us.

Thank you

________________________________________________________________________________

Nick L

Thanks for sharing the seedlings Lucinda.

I rec'd mine through Keith. I owe ya.

~Ray.

Brandon, FL

27.95°N 82.28°W (Elev. 62 ft)

Zone9 w/ canopy

Thank you so much lucinda. Believe it or not I received the package with 3/4 of the seeds already germinated! They have all been transplanted to pots and are doing well.

Hello Lucinda,

:lol: I've received the germinated seeds today, not only very well packed but with a description & growing tips attached.

Thank you again for the time taken & for your generosity!

40270.gif

Greetings from Amman/Jordan

Simona

• 1 month later...

Thought it might be nice to show one of the babies :

bcw0y451t4tvd4j9j.jpg

They are all doing fine. Thanks again, Lucinda!

40270.gif

Greetings from Amman/Jordan

Simona

These seeds were sent around the world and it's wonderful now to see how well they are doing. I feel like johnny Appleseed. Thanks to all of you for showing your progress.

Lucinda

• 1 month later...

How are everyone's doing?

Mine have seemed to fell into some sort of black hole... They haven't done much of anything for a few weeks now... They've really slowed down since the weather cooled...

Brandon, FL

27.95°N 82.28°W (Elev. 62 ft)

Zone9 w/ canopy

How are everyone's doing?

Mine have seemed to fell into some sort of black hole... They haven't done much of anything for a few weeks now... They've really slowed down since the weather cooled...

Happy to hear it's not just me. I have 50 seedlings that are growing very, very slowly. I had thought they were fast growers. Do they start to pick up speed after the seedling stage?

Vero Beach, FL

post-1805-1258648135_thumb.jpg

Same here, cooler temps have arrived a month earlier here than last year but they continue to creep along.

Thanks again Lucinda!

Nick L

These palms are not fast until they get to three gallon size to me but then sky is the limit. They can grow several feet a year after that. Also in the ground they are faster than in the pot.

David