IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

wind chill

JBa3Fan

I have done a search on wind chills  here and came up with a bunch of results. and nothing what I was  wanting to know.

This is a  really bad picture of my back yard  last month. I am looking north while taking this pic.

I guess my  question is  what kind of wind  effect will I come across  in the  (heat) of the  (cold) battle  come the January/ Feburary freezing months here in Central Virgina? I am a tick more on the  7a side of the   7a/7b zone boarder.

There is a low sloping front porch on the north side of the house  that isn't  pictured here ... on the east side  of the back porch are a row of   ummm  12-15 ft toll hollies , just past  that richicidy (sp)  wood gate . on the west side  there is a row of (spring trimed way down)  wax leaf  bushes  10-12 feet tall and  very full.   On the  outskirts of the bushes on the property line are  some really beat up cheap (Lowes)  6 ft Privacy fence - 20 yrs old ...   the  dirt circle  that is  seen in front is actually a 30-36 inch deep  X-swimming pool . It was filled with my raised  veggy garden dirt ----a bunch of yrs of additives  to  my sandy soil,

Oh by the way has  anyone  heard of Hanover Tomatoes?    I can send ya  as much as you want come  eary summer tiill about  umm a week ago!

any help is  welcomed

thanks

Jim

will try to do the things that they say can't be done

here is a  better picture  this one captures both of my Trach's   and the view is  just a little bit more  nne  then  just north

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\northne.jpg

hope this works ...

Jim

post-209-1163204597_thumb.jpg

will try to do the things that they say can't be done