IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pohonkelapa and MattyB

MattyB

Matt and Dewd, Good news! A friend of Pedro's was able to get you guys rooms at the Key West YMCA during Halloweenfest free of charge with free food. The stipulation is that Matt must wear his monkey suit during the festivities.

On the condition of anonimity, the party further indicated that you were allowed admission at the expense of the "Bumble Bee Twins", who were given cancellation notices. The party advised that vigilance should be applied in the event that the "Bumble Bee Twins" are encountered. Apparently, the "Bumble Bee Twins" believe that they are integral parts of said Fest with concurrent popularity. Given this perceived notion, their behavior can veer below standards of hospitality when faced with those they perceive to threaten their own belief of what they perceive of their own great popularity. Just saying...

What you look for is what is looking

The Palm Talk PRA reunion at FTB is sounding better all the time. It should be easy enough to go mainstrean when it gets set and post in the general disscusion forum. We can get serious people to come but only if you allow me to plan the after party details. Now lets see........Stir Crazy is near by (Lewd... oops I mean Dewd will love this place) but the Sushi resturant nextdoor only seets about 30. I will keep woring on this. Don't worry your in good hands.

Love Trixie! :wub:

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

The Palm Talk PRA reunion at FTB is sounding better all the time. It should be easy enough to go mainstrean when it gets set and post in the general disscusion forum. We can get serious people to come but only if you allow me to plan the after party details. Now lets see........Stir Crazy is near by (Lewd... oops I mean Dewd will love this place) but the Sushi resturant nextdoor only seets about 30. I will keep woring on this. Don't worry your in good hands.

Love Trixie! :wub:

Ken,

This sounds good ,I can walk there and stumble home. They are trying to lease the vacant store next door to expand the sushi resturant too.

JC

• 3 weeks later...
:blink::unsure::wacko::bummed::crying::bemused::huh:

Yea, what's up, did the hippie bus break down? :lol: Did you guys leave yet? You should be near El Paso, Texas by now. :lol:

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

you should volunteer at couple of hours at Montgomery Botanical center, or bribe someone to get you in. I was extremely impressed with the grounds and collection there, a must see.

If you are planning a visit through the jupiter area let me know, I'll give you a tour of jupiter island via the water.

Edited by redant

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

With all the love around here it seems that PalmTalk/IPS members have started a sort of travel club. What with every one sharing thier houses, trucks, boats, gardens, seeds, BBQ Ribs, and love this is one hell of a great place.

Who will hit the road in search of palm love next?

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

With all the love around here it seems that PalmTalk/IPS members have started a sort of travel club. What with every one sharing thier houses, trucks, boats, gardens, seeds, BBQ Ribs, and love this is one hell of a great place.

Who said anything about a boat, I was going to make them swim. They can use a igloo cooler full of beer as a floaty when they get tired.

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

i dont think we will have any problems relieving coolers of their precious contents. ;)

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Who said anything about a boat, I was going to make them swim. They can use a igloo cooler full of beer as a floaty when they get tired.

That may get them a one way ticket to Cuba if the Border Patrol sees them :lol:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Maybe Hawaii in September. Wanna come along for a HPRA> > > ????

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I guess no Bali trip for you this year, Paul... :hmm:

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

january of 2010,ari. :P

may be in jakarta for a few days,as well!

still "warning-free."

Matt and Paul-

If you want, you are welcome to stay here, and we can go anywhere from Tampa to Naples. I will show you some places and things you have never seen before. :winkie: The beaches here are probably the nicest and most accessible in the state, if not the country.

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

The problem with the beaches on Florida's west coast is the same as the beaches in California. They are backwards. The sun comes from the wrong direction.

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

• 4 weeks later...

The dates are set party people. Nov 3rd thru Nov 10th. Be there or be longisquama! Don't worry about the gardens back home. Our spouses, girlfriends & roommates will be back at the pads and are instructed to shoot first and ask later. Or the dogs will eat their butts.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

If only the palm sale were at Montgomery. Looks like I'll have to come down.

Fla. climate center: 100-119 days>85 F
USDA 1990 hardiness zone 9B
Current USDA hardiness zone 10a
4 km inland from Indian River; 27º N (equivalent to Brisbane)

Central Orlando's urban heat island may be warmer than us

I actually plan to be back in Jakarta in Dec/Jan. Not sure when exactly. Do you have your dates??

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

:lol:

post-126-1251234853_thumb.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

I actually plan to be back in Jakarta in Dec/Jan. Not sure when exactly. Do you have your dates??

ari i'll most likely be there around 12th of january,but i dont want yer husband pissed off at me. :lol:

still "warning-free."

Won't work... we would be back to Oz by then. My office close for christmas/new years, and back at work on the 11 Jan. I knew it as soon as I typed dates.... there will be lots of comments :rolleyes: . BTW, Scott read my post... no secret there.

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Anyone want to take charge of a PT get togeather and PRA for one day?

How bout meeting at Fairchild for a day!

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

FTBG is good but they frown on drinking and smoking.

If nothin else it will do. Jeff?

Can we drink & smoke at Jeff's? :mrlooney:

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Fairchild on the 7th fellas? 11am?

Roasted iguana @ noon for lunch? :huh:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

I'm thinkin! :hmm:

I just got in on sunday from 10 days in Hawaii. Oh....sorry I didn't tell anyone, it wasn't that good of a trip. You know, it rained everyday, I didn't know anyone there, didn't know there were gardens to go look at,etc,etc. Just sat in my hotel room all day and night. I'll never go back to that place again! :rage:

OK...drink and smoke at my house? It sounds like a hippy party. :lol: I think a pra at Fairchilds is a must. I think for a few hours you guys can drink maybe some good ole cold water or a coke, and then take a puff behind a clumping palm.(?) Just a thought.....

For now, I'm just clearing the cobwebs in my head a little. I'm sure we can come up with something. Let me think......

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Fairchilds and a cold diet coke sounds great! The 7th or any day is good William. Whatever works for ya'll. We're on vacation, no hard schedule to follow.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Randy,

The problem I see is that these two knuckleheads :) scheduled their trip from a tuesday to tuesday. What's up with that fella's? One weekend to spend down here is all your giving us? Jeeesh!

I would welcome all forum members to come over to our house for a walk-about, drinks in hand. Could get good, especially when I show you guys my large,well grown Kentia palm. But when? Paul, Matty.....you guys out there? Talk to me. Ken?

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Don't be afraid to go to that place near Ken's place and see Big D and "E"s . . . . Plenaty of toxins for all! :)

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.