IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

seedman.com

gyuseppe

Rate this Seller  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this seller?

• POSITIVE - Would recommend to others
    • NEGATIVE - Would not recommend

• 7 months later...

I'll soon find out. Ordering a few small packs.

http://www.seedman.com/

this seller has good seeds?, and reliable?.

Mark Wuschke

President, Palm & Cycad Society of Australia

Editor, Palms & Cycads magazine

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

28 degrees South

Well well, it turns out they only ship to US and Canada. So my order is busted.

Bizarre - I mean they already take paypal and credit cards; and it's the same trip to the post office after all.

Some of the species names on their website are ancient - I mean "Areca lutescens" and "Neanthe bella"? Really.

Mark Wuschke

President, Palm & Cycad Society of Australia

Editor, Palms & Cycads magazine

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

28 degrees South

Bizarre - I mean they already take paypal and credit cards; and it's the same trip to the post office after all.

Some of the species names on their website are ancient - I mean "Areca lutescens" and "Neanthe bella"? Really.

I think I know what A. lutescens is meant to be but what on earth is Neanthe bella ?

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

I think I know what A. lutescens is meant to be but what on earth is Neanthe bella ?

Peachy

Neanthe bella = Chamaedorea elegans

I always hesitate to buy from vendors who can't keep their species lists reasonably up to date. Are they too lazy or just plain stupid?

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

• 3 years later...

Peachy

Neanthe bella = Chamaedorea elegans

I always hesitate to buy from vendors who can't keep their species lists reasonably up to date. Are they too lazy or just plain stupid?

Not much of a selection either. Rather common palms. Don't believe their focus is on palms. :indifferent:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

• 8 months later...

I ordered some palm and tree seeds from them and they arrived perfectly packed and even included a pack of label sticks. They guarantee their seeds, if they don't germinate let them know. Mine haven't quite had long enough to germinate. So we shall see.

I ordered some palm and tree seeds from them and they arrived perfectly packed and even included a pack of label sticks. They guarantee their seeds, if they don't germinate let them know. Mine haven't quite had long enough to germinate. So we shall see.

Glad to hear you had a positive out come. I'm sick of buying seeds from mainly once source and continuely getting crappy germination. And somebody we alllll know here.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I have no experience with them, but I just went on the website and there are several palms for sale that are mislabelled--Kinda sketchy when you can't tell a metallica from an ernesti augusti...

I have no experience with them, but I just went on the website and there are several palms for sale that are mislabelled--Kinda sketchy when you can't tell a metallica from an ernesti augusti...

Those are palms?

Grateful to have what I have, Les amis de mes amis sont mes amis!

Those are palms?

Ask Hodel ;)

I ordered seeds from them and arrived within 4days not like 3-4weeks for RPS.

The company is located in Vanleave, Mississipi.

Great company for small beginners and small orders and doesn't require

you to order 30euros or roughly $25 worth of seeds.

Most packets are contain 5 seeds or less and wont cost more than $5 per packet.

Seeds look fresh and are still incubating.

:greenthumb::greenthumb: Cheers. :greenthumb::greenthumb:

• Upvote 1

I have had good success with many kind of seeds from Seedman. I'll give them a :greenthumb:

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

• 1 year later...

I like this company. Fast service, good selection of rarer palms, and the seeds look much better quality than what I can get wholesale. You can tell this company cares about their seeds and service. Too bad they only do retail. Now to see if they germinate well...

• 4 months later...

My germination rate was low, like ~2%. I can't say it was old seed for sure though.

• 3 years later...

I ordered some Archontophoenix cunninghamiana 'illawarra' seeds from them (labeled as Archontophoenix alexandrae 'illawarra') last year.  No germination after 4 months so I informed them of my germination method and they replaced the seeds.  Still no germination from the replacement seeds after another 4 months.  I collected some bangalow seeds (probably not the 'illawarra' variety) personally on a trip to Florida and got germination within 2 weeks using the same method.  Fresh seed makes a difference!

Jon Sunder

• 1 year later...

So far....I have ordered several packets of several different kinds of seed from this vendor.  Not enough time has passed as of this writing to say anything about germination so can only report about the buying process.

Very easy to shop and buy seed.

Appreciate the smaller quantity size (5 seeds per bag)

VERY fast shipping time, usually arrives before tracking estimated date.

Sturdy bags they send seed in. For some of the real tiny seed, I just added water to the bag itself to soak them on my warming mat.

Appreciate the inventory control documentation on the labels affixed to the seed. HOPEFULLY ensuring freshness.

Appreciate the replacement policy for non germinating seeds. Hopefully I won't have to use it.

Nice touch to throw in the labeling markers for each brand of seed that is bought.

Time will tell though on germination so will add to this review in the coming months.