IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

ATLANTIC HURRICANES 2009

Cristóbal

i find this today good news i think in the internet, for my friends in florida and east usa -

we check this in december of this year, see if there right ?

********************************************************************************

HOUSTON, May 14 (Reuters) - Private forecaster AccuWeather.com on Thursday cut its forecast for this year's Atlantic Hurricane season, which begins June 1, to 10 named storms from the 12 it predicted in March.

AccuWeather forecast six of the storms will be hurricanes, down from eight predicted in March, with two of them rated category 3 or stronger on the five-step Saffir-Simpson scale.

AccuWeather's forecast is the latest of several to predict a less active hurricane season than in 2008, when hurricanes Gustav and Ike shut offshore oil and natural gas production platforms in the Gulf of Mexico and refineries in Louisiana and Texas.

Forecasts from AccuWeather and the company's Chief Long-Range and Hurricane Forecaster Joe Bastardi are closely watched in energy markets.

AccuWeather predicts three tropical storms will hit the U.S. coastline, including two hurricanes, one of which could be at least category 3 strength. That forecast is unchanged from March.

"Anywhere along the U.S. coast is susceptible to an impact, but the Texas coast early in the season and East Coast from Carolinas northward during the heart of the season are areas that have us worried," said Bastardi in a statement.

A weak El Nino pattern of warm water in the Pacific Ocean is expected to create wind shear to blow apart storms while cool water in the tropical Atlantic ocean will rob the storms of their primary energy source as dust and dry air blowing from Africa will inhibit storm development, AccuWeather said.

There were 16 named tropical storms in the 2008 hurricane season including eight hurricanes, of which five were considered major.

Half of the 2008 tropical storms impacted the U.S. coast, including four hurricanes.

Edited by Cristóbal

TEMP. JAN. 21/10 C (69/50 F), AUG. 29/20 C (84/68 F). COASTAL DESERT, MOST DAYS MILD OR WARM, SUNNY AND DRY. YEARLY PRECIPITATION: 210 MM (8.2 INCHES). ZONE 11 NO FREEZES CLOSE TO THE OCEAN.

5845d02ceb988_3-copia.jpg.447ccc2a7cc4c6

Cristobal, Unfortunately, it only takes one to knock on your door. I hope Mr. Bastrardi is correct!

What you look for is what is looking

I have heard Mr. Bastrardi also does TAROT CARD readings, and some mention of TEA LEAF readings somewhere! :winkie::lol:

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD