IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

? for the florida guys and gals.

tikitiki

What ratio do you use for Iron, manganese and Magnesium? When and which ones need to go down together and apart?

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

tiki,

I fertilize with a palm fert that contains NPK 12-4-13 plus all the minors 4 times a year, partial slow release.

Having said that I also use Iron ocassionally(liquid) as a root drench ,especially on my foxtails.

I also put a handful of Maganese sulfate down with each palm when i fertilize, mainly as a preventative. I have never had to use it in amounts to correct a Maganese deficency.

About half way inbetween the regular fert application,I put down K-Mag ,about a 1/3 of what ever I give the palm durning each tri monthly regular fert application. At the same time I also spread a handful of bloodmeal around the palm. I do this K-mag application about halfway inbetween each fert application because our Florida soils are notiously deficent on potassium.

As far as I know, of the micros you listed the only one that has to be applied with another so a imbalance won't happen is pottasium and magnesium.The K-mag puts both down at the same time,so I don't have to worry about an imbalance. If you are going to add strickly magnesium,you need to also add potassium at a 3 to 1 ratio (potassium 3 parts,magnesium 1 part). For me the K-mag is so much easier.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions?

Edited by gsn

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD

Where do you get the kmag? I have never seen it.

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

The K-Mag can be purchased at a Lesco outlet.

However I beleive they are called John Deere stores now?

John Derre bought out Lesco.

Edited by gsn

Scott

Titusville, FL

1/2 mile from the Indian River

USDA Zone COLD