osideterry

What's Your Favorite Discontinued Soft Drink?

sur4z

anybody remember HUBBA BUBBA...liquid buble gum...hmmm where is bubba?

user-image-1214902945_thumb.jpg

osideterry

I started this thread and now my teeth are starting to hurt just remembering HubbaBubba.

One more classic... the original Barqs Sr. I had it in New Orleans in 1980, before Coke bought it and it became common. It didn't even say Root Beer on the can, it just said "Barq's. It's Good". Anyone from the south remember it?

bubba

Hey Sven. Do you remember Royal Palm Grape Soda? It like disappeared? The old Barq's was the best. Got a sister-in-law who still gets Tab somehow. What ever happened to Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer? No more Picayune cigarettes. Those were quite strong. Used to buy them at the Dungeon somewhere in the Quarter. Cane sugar makes a large difference in quality for all sodee pop.

tank
Hey Sven. Do you remember Royal Palm Grape Soda? It like disappeared? The old Barq's was the best. Got a sister-in-law who still gets Tab somehow. What ever happened to Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer? No more Picayune cigarettes. Those were quite strong. Used to buy them at the Dungeon somewhere in the Quarter. Cane sugar makes a large difference in quality for all sodee pop.

Pabst is a Gainesville staple. Usually the cheapest beer at the bar.

metalfan

Way back in about 1965-1966 when I was a kid they had this carbonate drink that my grandparents always used to buy called Potomac Soda. I have never seen it in years.

The other thing I can;t find anywhere is CLove Gum and Black Jack gum

avb

Costco in San Diego has been selling Coca Cola lately bottled in Mexico in glass return bottles. It's made with cane sugar and tastes better to me. When I went to the Biennial in New Caledonia they had Coke in cans made with cane sugar. I used to like Delaware Punch, but haven't seen any since the early 60's. And I think my favorite is the root beer float made with soft ice cream from A&W. Next favorite was an orange freeze, a shake made with orange soda and soft vanilla ice cream, with whipped cream and a cherry on top. I only had those at Rick's Rancho classic 50's style drive-in in Santa Maria, Ca.

sur4z

anybody notice that mini hamburgers, SLIDERS, are back on the menu...love those white castle treats!

palmmermaid

We used to walk along the road to the little tiny country store and pick up enough bottles to buy a RC Cola and a bag of peanuts when we got to the store. We poured the peanuts right into the bottle and watched it fizz.

I loved the A&W drive-ins A root beer float was the best! Never got into the sliders. Yuck! Looked and tasted like greasy cardboard.

FRITO

Surge was the only soft drink I remember drinking that is discountinued now. as a teenager in the late 90's a few cans of this and you were really 'jacked up' ...... this was before all the super high energy drinks that they market today.....

it made everyone have a bad case of ADD, LOLOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_(soft_drink)

SubTropicRay

Royal Crown. If it's not discontinued, it is in Florida.

BS Man about Palms

Picked up a 12 pack of this a week or so ago, had one just a couple nights ago. :)

Finally saw my first "Pepsi throwback" problem was, someone was drinking it.

Eric in Orlando

Ray, you can get RC in Publix

OldNed

How 'bout Cheerwine

Hard to find outside of the Carolinas...been around forever. It's got extra carbonation..don't know if drinking it creates a bigger carbonation footprint than say Coke or Beer

Their website is really bizzare. :blink:

http://www.itsasoftdrink.com/#/beach

You can click around the site for a long time...lotsa weird stuff....you can play a bunch of different instruments, listen in on NASA stuff, knock Coconuts out of a Palm etc.

Check out the Tales from the Fridge (my fave is "Good Cop-Naked Cop")

Scott

Wasn't pepsi light in the 70s the first soft drink to feature lemon?

paulgila

i dont drink soda & havent for years & years so to me they are ALL "discontinued!" :lol:

Scott

Paul - what do you drink? Fruit juice, water, sake? I drink WAY too much soda. I'd drink fruit juice but being diabetic that doesn't work out.

Jeff in St Pete

Scott, I drink way too much soda too. Coca-Cola is my addiction