IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

What's Your Favorite Discontinued Soft Drink?

osideterry

anybody remember HUBBA BUBBA...liquid buble gum...hmmm where is bubba?

user-image-1214902945_thumb.jpg

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

I started this thread and now my teeth are starting to hurt just remembering HubbaBubba.

One more classic... the original Barqs Sr. I had it in New Orleans in 1980, before Coke bought it and it became common. It didn't even say Root Beer on the can, it just said "Barq's. It's Good". Anyone from the south remember it?

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

Hey Sven. Do you remember Royal Palm Grape Soda? It like disappeared? The old Barq's was the best. Got a sister-in-law who still gets Tab somehow. What ever happened to Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer? No more Picayune cigarettes. Those were quite strong. Used to buy them at the Dungeon somewhere in the Quarter. Cane sugar makes a large difference in quality for all sodee pop.

What you look for is what is looking

Hey Sven. Do you remember Royal Palm Grape Soda? It like disappeared? The old Barq's was the best. Got a sister-in-law who still gets Tab somehow. What ever happened to Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer? No more Picayune cigarettes. Those were quite strong. Used to buy them at the Dungeon somewhere in the Quarter. Cane sugar makes a large difference in quality for all sodee pop.

Pabst is a Gainesville staple. Usually the cheapest beer at the bar.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

Way back in about 1965-1966 when I was a kid they had this carbonate drink that my grandparents always used to buy called Potomac Soda. I have never seen it in years.

The other thing I can;t find anywhere is CLove Gum and Black Jack gum

"You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"---SliPknot

Costco in San Diego has been selling Coca Cola lately bottled in Mexico in glass return bottles. It's made with cane sugar and tastes better to me. When I went to the Biennial in New Caledonia they had Coke in cans made with cane sugar. I used to like Delaware Punch, but haven't seen any since the early 60's. And I think my favorite is the root beer float made with soft ice cream from A&W. Next favorite was an orange freeze, a shake made with orange soda and soft vanilla ice cream, with whipped cream and a cherry on top. I only had those at Rick's Rancho classic 50's style drive-in in Santa Maria, Ca.

Alan Brickey

anybody notice that mini hamburgers, SLIDERS, are back on the menu...love those white castle treats!

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

We used to walk along the road to the little tiny country store and pick up enough bottles to buy a RC Cola and a bag of peanuts when we got to the store. We poured the peanuts right into the bottle and watched it fizz.

I loved the A&W drive-ins A root beer float was the best! Never got into the sliders. Yuck! Looked and tasted like greasy cardboard.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

Surge was the only soft drink I remember drinking that is discountinued now. as a teenager in the late 90's a few cans of this and you were really 'jacked up' ...... this was before all the super high energy drinks that they market today.....

it made everyone have a bad case of ADD, LOLOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_(soft_drink)

Luke

Tallahassee, FL - USDA zone 8b/9a

63" rain annually

January avg 65/40 - July avg 92/73

North Florida Palm Society - http://palmsociety.blogspot.com/

Cane Sugar Mountain Dew! I want to go here!

http://www.glassbottlesoda.org/bottlers/wjefferson.shtml

Maybe I should ask our NC Palm Queen!!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Crown. If it's not discontinued, it is in Florida.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Picked up a 12 pack of this a week or so ago, had one just a couple nights ago. :)

Finally saw my first "Pepsi throwback" problem was, someone was drinking it.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Ray, you can get RC in Publix

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

How 'bout Cheerwine

Hard to find outside of the Carolinas...been around forever. It's got extra carbonation..don't know if drinking it creates a bigger carbonation footprint than say Coke or Beer

Their website is really bizzare. :blink:

http://www.itsasoftdrink.com/#/beach

You can click around the site for a long time...lotsa weird stuff....you can play a bunch of different instruments, listen in on NASA stuff, knock Coconuts out of a Palm etc.

Check out the Tales from the Fridge (my fave is "Good Cop-Naked Cop")

Merritt Island, Florida 32952

28º21'06.15"N 80º40'03.75"W

Zone 9b-10a

4-5 feet above sea level

Four miles inland

No freeze since '89...Damn!-since 2nd week of Jan., 2010

Wasn't pepsi light in the 70s the first soft drink to feature lemon?

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

i dont drink soda & havent for years & years so to me they are ALL "discontinued!" :lol:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Paul - what do you drink? Fruit juice, water, sake? I drink WAY too much soda. I'd drink fruit juice but being diabetic that doesn't work out.

Scott

San Fernando Valley, California

Sunset Climate Zone 18

Scott, I drink way too much soda too. Coca-Cola is my addiction

Formerly Jeff in Costa Rica